Dave and Buster's: What is the Deal?

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Lately my television cannot stop talking about a mystical place known as "Dave and Buster's."Apparently it features ribs, baskets of fried foods, beer and an arcade complete with those skee-ball games.And yet, I have never seen such a place in my town.It seems to too good to be true. My only question: Is it?

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    it's real and it's spectacular

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    picture a restaurant/bar/arcade where the games are too expensive and thats Dave & Busters.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    one of my friends who is into everything as gentrified as possible swears by it

he met his new girlfriend Kaitlyn/S> Becky there

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    one of my friends who is into everything as gentrified as possible swears by it

he met his new girlfriend Kaitlyn/S> Becky there

its good for drunken fun. its bad if you want to do something where you dont spend alot of money. going with alot of friends is good. they got a dope trivia game where you battle motherfuckers like a game show. if you do good you can win a chinese finger cuff

• they got a dope trivia game where you battle motherfuckers like a game show. if you do good you can win a chinese finger cuff

I'm addicted to this game. Gives me a chance to display my nerd steelo.

And yes, you can drop a LOT of money at D&B.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I've been to the one in San Jose. The bar is HUGE. The crowd is mainly 21-25 year-olds. 99% Asian. Good atmosphere. I got real drunk and had fun.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I've been to the one in San Jose. The bar is HUGE. The crowd is mainly 21-25 year-olds. 99% Asian. Good atmosphere. I got real drunk and had fun.

This place sounds like my personal hell.

And Rey, a bit plebeian for you, no?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i hate this place. the only thing it is good for is half off drinks sun-thurs. beyond that, everything is completely overpriced and i aint really into the whole arcade thing so there goes that. games are expensive as a mufuckah too.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

And Rey, a bit plebeian for you, no?
    Yes, very, but I was there for my cousin's 21st birthday, and I was in a celebratory mood.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I went to Dave and Buster's in Irvine one time. I had fun.

^^^^^^ I sound Asian.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    am i the only asian in the thread who has not expressed love for dave and busters yet?!?!?!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    am i the only asian in the thread who has not expressed love for dave and busters yet?!?!?!

with Irvine. You'll be amazed at Rice Rocket Central.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I've always heard of D&B described as Chuck Cheese for grown-ups.

Well, as grown up as a 20-25 Asian hang-out joint can be.

Actually, I echo Faux: sounds like my personal hell too. If I wanted that scene, I'd drive two miles to Westwood and catch it for free.

No skeeball though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I went to Dave and Buster's in Irvine one time...

Me too. The only time I've ever been to one and it was on a half ass date with a chick who went on to date Megabusive (*cue witty comment from Noz* ).

indeed.

• Good atmosphere.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    I went once, not really my thing, but i did play Madden on a big, big screen. The players were literally bigger than i was. That part was pretty cool. Wouldn't be my idea to ever go back there.

• A single man in the Bay Area who is not aware of Dave & Busters is really missing out.

• A single man in the Bay Area who is not aware of Dave & Busters is really missing out.

"My rellies really can't trust us/ Big ass sunglasses / Got em at Dave & Busters" - Goldie of The Federation, "Stunna Glasses At Night"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    A single man in the Bay Area who is not aware of Castro & Market[/b] is really missing out.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    it's a good once in a blue moon kind of thing. i think i've been 2 or three times over the past 6 years, and the last time i went was probably 4 years ago so maybe things/prices have changed. it's kind of like being in vegas only no gambling. just get drunk and play games. lots of lights and sounds, kind of a sensory overload. there's one by my house now which i drive by all the time and i've kind of been itching to go back.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    A single man in the Bay Area who is not aware of Dave & Busters is really missing out.

99% Asian

Someone has gotta tell that college journalist chick w/ Asian fever about this place.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    still got a gift card left at home.

99% Asian

Someone has gotta tell that college journalist chick w/ Asian fever about this place.

Soul Strut never forgets...

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

99% Asian

well Asians are good at video games.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Not the part about young Asians hanging out there--I don't suspect that holds true for all D&B locations, anyway, but I do imagine that I would find them all hellish.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    If D&B added a gun range and a strip club, I'd be down.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    If D&B added a gun range and a strip club, I'd be down.

Awwwww yeeeeaaaaaaaah.

Seriously, I see ads for this place constantly, and I always wonder who the hell they think is going to go to a combo restaurant/arcade that appears to be aimed at an older bit of the population than your typical arcade is. I guess the joint is really popping, though, which shows just how disconnected I am from the modern arcade experience.

^^^^^^^^^^
    I sound white. Probably because I am.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I'd rather go to Chuck E Cheese

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    I'd rather go to Chuck E Cheese

do they sell beer there?