Lightmen Plus One LP: OG vs Reissue

dirtynatedirtynate 5 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Just scored a copy of the Lightmen Plus One "Energy Control Center" LP on the cheap from a used record spot this afternoon. Now I'm trying to figure out if I'm holding a fairly nice original pressing or a slightly worn repress. Can't find anything on the web about differences between the two. The paste-on back cover usually points to an original, but I know there are a couple of printers out there who still make these type of jackets. Can anyone tell me what's scribed in the dead wax on the original? Or any other way to distiguish between the two?

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    only way to tell is if you send it to me for a closer inspection.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    if there's any doubt stay on the side of

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    this was repressed?

deadwax be sayin LH9831 & LH9832 on the flip.. and that's all

• this was repressed?

deadwax be sayin LH9831 & LH9832 on the flip.. and that's all

Thanks! From what I read, this was repressed a year ago or so. All the descriptions I found of the reissue said it was almost exactly like the original, but none of these descriptions mentioned how the new press is different.

So yeah, the labels on my copy have those LH numbers (probably the part numbers for the original pressing plates), but the deadwax is only scribed with LP-2001 A and LP-2001 B (probably the catalog number from Lightnin Records, which also appears on the labels). This might well be the only difference. I was totally led on by that well-made jacket though. I knew it was too good to be true!

• Yes it was repressed with paste-on backing and all.

I think by the same outfit who did the kashmere boots

Great LP.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

Great LP.

Tis my fave, behind Fancy Pants with Country Fried Chickin in last place. But I've yet to hear the grey one. How does it compare to Energy?

• you should've asked Doyle - he would've told you whats up.

aleit - I called you about this....