Austin, TX - SXSW ROLL CALL

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Considering how much attention we've gotten in the past couple days, and our relationship with Austin and all, we're going to be in Austin, TX for the SXSW Festival this year. Last year was great with lots of great performances and checking DJs and shit. Lots of fun, hanging with family from both in Texas and from out of town.This year we're doing like 6-7 shows or something like that. I know my dude Morse Code is gonna be up in the peace. Mike2600 will be showing and proving with the whole BurlesqueXSW jumpoff. The one and only DJ Day will be making his Texas debut during the festival. And of course Urrrs will be getting his grizzly on.Anyone else thinking of coming to the festival?

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i will be buying airline tickets tomorrow...

mexican food, warm(er) weather, flatstock, cheap beers....

should be fun.

c*smo, i will give you folks a call when i get down there.

• Making my first trip to Austin that week. I can't wait!
    We'll try to check you guys out for one of those shows.
    Have Fun!

• i'll be there

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Judge Robert Gabriel presiding...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Where's the "yawn" graemlin? Seriously, give it a rest Robert. And please don't expect me to reply to any of your bait anymore. You really showed how sad and angry you are with that last thread, and I have no time and energy for it. So whatever, man. Write your little review for your paper, tell your people whatever you want to say, at the end of the day it's not fucking with me and my crew and hopefully you'll see that you have absolutely no power over us. You're negated.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your day.

Back to the topic at hand, Jlee and Flatblackplastic are IN. Jay Lee, it will be good to see you on your home turf. Now if only we could get JD! Oh shit.

• Working a few things out with work right now. I may be sent down there to cover some bands.

• I live here. Tryna catch the Rub and Day.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Judge Robert Gabriel presiding...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Where's the "yawn" graemlin? Seriously, give it a rest Robert. And please don't expect me to reply to any of your bait anymore. You really showed how sad and angry you are with that last thread, and I have no time and energy for it. So whatever, man. Write your little review for your paper, tell your people whatever you want to say, at the end of the day it's not fucking with me and my crew and hopefully you'll see that you have absolutely no power over us. You're negated.

Thanks and enjoy the rest of your day.

I don't expect my internet jabs to do any damage whatsoever to y'all's rising star. That's not the intention of this lil rivalry with y'all that I've been fostering here on Soulstrut.

It's more like if you were an Atlanta Falcons fan while I'm a New Orleans Saints fan. I might respect the hell out of both you and Michael Vick, but I'm going to clown him to you every chance I get...just out of rivalry. Doesn't mean I want to fight him or you when I see y'all. And it also shouldn't mean that either of you take my jokes as any sort of serious business.

So a local writer said that DJ Mel was better than y'all. I don't agree with that at all, but it sure made for a fine opportunity for me to jokingly clown y'all.

Y'all come back to town and play at what's quickly become a running joke here in Austin, The Beauty Bar. How could I not laugh at y'all for that? It's too easy.

For real, y'all might want to consider doing a lil lightening up on your own side of this equation...

'Cause I doubt I will shut up when clowning opportunities present themselves...especially knowing how much it gets people in a stink over next to nothing.

• 'Cause I doubt I will shut up

And we know this.

• Judge Robert Gabriel presiding...

faux_rillz, thats just plain mean spirited.

he looks more like sideshow bob with a napoleon complex

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Doesn't mean I want to fight...when I see y'all. And it also shouldn't mean that either of you take my jokes as any sort of serious business.

Read: please don't beat me up at SXSW

Robert, why do you come into these threads and antagonize people?

This is none of my business outside of Ayres, Joe and Cosmo being friends of mine, but don't you have anything else better to do than try to tear down what these dudes do for a living?

It's a really bad look, even for you.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Let's not turn this into a Robert Gabriel thread. That's exactly what he wants, and like I said, I'm not going to reply to his baiting. We all understand his M.O. by now.

Anyway, before this ship sinks into Harvey Canal...

So it's gonna be FRESH out the box. I'm super psyched for the Texas debut of Day and Morse Code. Definitely think shit is going to be popping. I think you two guys are gonna KILL it this year.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You know, considering the amount of talent that this board has I wouldn't even shy away from suggesting a Sousltrut showcase for next year.

• the only time i ever been to the south was texas. im not even sure if that qualifies as the south, but i was very impressed with the drive-thru liquor stores. i always felt austin was like the berkeley of the south though. i caught some sicc hackey sack ciphers in da_quad tho. seriously, i actually like hackey sack sports. its fun.

• I'm super psyched for the Texas debut of Day and Morse Code. Definitely think shit is going to be popping. I think you two guys are gonna KILL it this year.

are hogg, steph & serg coming this year?
    b.cause you need to come out here for this schitt

• oh, and there are GIANT BLONDE WHITE GIRLS WITH BIG BOOBIES in texas. seriously.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    y'all's

y'all. y'all. y'all.

Y'all y'all

y'all

Ya'll come back now, ya hear?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i will be buying bought[/b] airline tickets tomorrow today[/b]...

:breakfast tacos:

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    catchdubs and olden style hats will be in the atx too

• I'm excited to see the C-mon and Kypski, DJ Day, the Rub, and Dennis motherfucking Coffey

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    oh, and there are GIANT BLONDE WHITE GIRLS WITH BIG BOOBIES in texas. seriously.

I might have to come on down too.

• oh, and there are GIANT BLONDE WHITE GIRLS WITH BIG BOOBIES in texas. seriously.

I might have to come on down too.

plus, southern hospitality aint no myth. everyone is real nice. well, in most cases.

• I am gonna be in town for this. I can't wait for all the going's down.

• Sousltrut showcase for next year.

Dude.

Duuuuuuuuuuude.

Booyaa in ya kooyaa. For real, for real.

Herm

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    are hogg, steph & serg coming this year?

Hell yeah, Serg and I are coming. May I have another look at these?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I still don't know if I'm going to be there or not this time around. I'm waiting to hear on some shit. Hopefully I'll be around, I'm going to be there this Saturday night and looks like the weekend after SXSW as well.