the DARTH GRIEVOUS UN-appreciation thread! yup.

2»

Comments

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

That and he's getting old and doesn't think he could complete another trilogy in his lifetime.

But don't forget: Star Wars in 3D! Or maybe you do want to forget.

Lucas tried to talk speilberg into doin the new indiana jones movie and 3d, but steven said no

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

So, is there another live-action Star Wars movie in the works?

No, Lucas is pretty much done with this stuff. He's letting the upcoming TV series continue telling stories in the SW universe (and it won't be focused on principles--no Skywalkers, no Vaders, etc. except by oblique mention), but he has no plans to continue with the films because, really, there's not much left to tell.

That and he's getting old and doesn't think he could complete another trilogy in his lifetime.

Also, he's going to keep meddling with the original trilogy to make it look more like the prequels, iron out continuity errors, stuff like that. In other words, be glad you got to see the original trilogy as you have, because those movies won't be around for too much longer.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Also, he's going to keep meddling with the original trilogy to make it look more like the prequels, iron out continuity errors, stuff like that. In other words, be glad you got to see the original trilogy as you have, because those movies won't be around for too much longer.

Never mind, I can't read.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    What about Obi beating Aniken in the end? Did anyone else find that unbelievable? They were just discussing how Ani had bailed Obi out on their last ten missions.

And why did Obi let him live at the end?

aniken was drink with his power. youngscray got a major comeupannce. obi got him by knowing the game and how its played. and he didnt kill him cause of code, but maybe also cause he was the chosen one? still had hopes, right? ended up being a correct hunch as witnessed in returnofdaJedi

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

That looks more like Lex Steele that Sam Jackson... he does have quite a saber though.

ok, I know this thread is probably dead, but what I need to know is why Yoda claimed that he needed to exile himself after the battle with Palpatine. Was it because a jedi master cant fail? What did he mean by that?

It's mostly because Yoda realized the odds were not in his favor and he needed to lay low for a while. All the other Jedi except Obi-Wan had been killed, and powerful as Yoda was, he knew he couldn't take on Vader, Palpatine, and the entire Empire with only Obi-Wan beside him. It was a strategic regrouping, mostly.
    definitely. his whole team just got wiped the fuck out!!!!! him and kenobi were real ill to go back to the heart of things and try to get sidious. but man, the jedi were on some well established shit...the council, youth leagues, much respect...and palpatine yanked that shit out from under them with one wellllllll planned, long planned move. practically check mate.....except for yoda and obi. and anekin too.

my question is how many sith are there? do they have to be trained, one by one?

and why didnt mace an yoda act on the strong dark side that they felt around palpaitine? was that kind of like the bush administration fucking up by not paying more atention to the pre 9/11 chatter? catastrophic oversites

oh, and yoda and the wookies seemed like a real natural teamup.

The Sith code is that there only be two Sith Lords at a time--a master and an apprentice.

The Sith code is that there only be two Sith Lords at a time--a master and an apprentice.

thats really ill. that got me thinking about all types of shit

did you read that somewhere?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

They say it in the movies. I think in Phantom Menace at the end.

Plus, I bet there are more Star Wars boards than record collecting boards. So do a little google and you'll know more than you ever wanted to about Star Wars. Plus, people argue endlessly about stuff they have little clue about. George just made the whole thing up so it's hard to set too much in stone. Even the fact that he went back and made the 1st 3 means he had to kind of fudge the polt line a little to make it all work.

Sort of--I work on Star Wars Insider magazine. That's the only reason I know a lot of this shit.

• What about Obi beating Aniken in the end? Did anyone else find that unbelievable? They were just discussing how Ani had bailed Obi out on their last ten missions.

aniken was drink with his power. youngscray got a major comeupannce. obi got him by knowing the game and how its played. and he didnt kill him cause of code, but maybe also cause he was the chosen one? still had hopes, right? ended up being a correct hunch as witnessed in returnofdaJedi

ok, but still leaves some questions, like if he wasn't going to kill him, why was he fighting him at all?

and, If he wanted to let him live, why did he leave him buring and falling into a lava stream with just one arm left? Wouldn't it be more merciful to just chop his head off than to let him sink into lava? Obi didn't know that he was going to be saved, it's almost like he left him to die instead of finishing the job.

Sort of--I work on Star Wars Insider magazine. That's the only reason I know a lot of this shit.

Hail DArth enkius! most informational of all starwars geeks! we tremble before your secret knowledge!

for real though, can i get a soulstrizzle discount on a subscribble?

What about Obi beating Aniken in the end? Did anyone else find that unbelievable? They were just discussing how Ani had bailed Obi out on their last ten missions.

ok, but still leaves some questions, like if he wasn't going to kill him, why was he fighting him at all?

and, If he wanted to let him live, why did he leave him buring and falling into a lava stream with just one arm left? Wouldn't it be more merciful to just chop his head off than to let him sink into lava? Obi didn't know that he was going to be saved, it's almost like he left him to die instead of finishing the job.

he wanted to go get sidious, he didnt want to have to fight anakin. i forget, did yoda and anakin agree on what to do with anakin, before the fight? obi'd take him out or bring him in?

obi warned anakin not to fuck with his higher ground. so he get chopped up. still, kenobiu didnt cut him in half when anakin jumped. judging by his surgical dismemberment, he probably could have. what was he going to do, cradle quadro-vader in his arms and nurse him back to health? darth was spitting some hatred towards the end on the beach. so obi didnt break the code of the jedi but , in his mind,pretty much closed the book on the dangerous young sithkilla.

Well when someone with no legs and one arm catches on fire right next to a river of lava you pretty much figure they're dead. Why beat a dead horse when the horse is your best friends.

damn
    and darth vader looked ready for action as soon as he got suited up. pretty good turn around time.
    how did darth go dookey or take a leak or wash his but?
    did dude change his drawrers ever or is that ill black suit self cleaning?
    and how did dude eat with that mask wraped around his head?
    didnt he take it off in empire strikes back. or you catch a glimpse of him putting it back on? vague memories.

yo, i got a lot of questions , good people.

• indiana45sindiana45s 266 Posts
    damn
    and darth vader looked ready for action as soon as he got suited up. pretty good turn around time.
    didnt he take it off in empire strikes back. or you catch a glimpse of him putting it back on? vague memories.

I felt like a super nerd when the newly suited Vader yelled and bent all the stuff in the room with Force anger.

• What about Obi beating Aniken in the end? Did anyone else find that unbelievable? They were just discussing how Ani had bailed Obi out on their last ten missions.

Well when someone with no legs and one arm catches on fire right next to a river of lava you pretty much figure they're dead. Why beat a dead horse when the horse is your best friends.

Because it's merciful to give your friend a quick death instead of letting him slowly drown in lava.

• damn

I dont think that cyborgs gotta worry about stuff like that.

damn

I felt like a super nerd when the newly suited Vader yelled and bent all the stuff in the room with Force anger.

well, he had just made a couple really bad life decissions. id be salty too.

but that "nnoooooooooo" was kinda dramatic and
    darth more than makes up for it in his next suit scene and the super bad ass boarding of leia's ship in episode 4. what a fucking entrance, folks

(goddddamm!!! i AM a nerd)

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    I just got back from the George Lucas lifetime achievement awards. Best moments: Mark, Carrie, and Harrison along with the droids and Chewbacca up on stage in the same formation as at the end of the OG Star Wars. Paul Schrader: "It's George's world now, we're just pixels in it." Harrison Ford's two way drunken speeches. Shaking hands with Billy Dee Williams. George's bizarre, yet somehow totally sensible first words upon accepting his award to a standing ovation -- "As Chancelor Palpatine would say, "Freedom!""

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Saw this movie with Danno3000 - 2 thumbs down. Major caca. Except for the scenes with the wookies. That was hella cool.

Co-sign. What a piece of crap. I don't know how you guys can get so into it (and believe me, I'm capable of serious nerding out).

Hail DArth enkius! most informational of all starwars geeks! we tremble before your secret knowledge!

for real though, can i get a soulstrizzle discount on a subscribble?

If I had any pull whatsoever with the subscription department, I'd be steady hooking fools up. Insider, while certainly aimed mostly at the uber-geek audience, also runs some pretty cool stuff. We recently did a three-part article on Ralph McQuarrie, who did all the concept art and some of the painted backgrounds for the original trilogy, that was really dope, for example. Plus, ya know, you pick up all the geek-level knowledge about dumb shit like theories on who Anakin's father is.

But I'm just a lowly copy editor. I check the grammar and style and make sure the page layouts are OK. So when it comes to influence, I've got bupkis.

Because it's merciful to give your friend a quick death instead of letting him slowly drown in lava.

Oh come on! No one has ever pissed you off enough you want them to drown in hot lava???

Wasn't that a Chef song? "Hot Lava!"