Sabadaba v TDS Colbert (not funny related)

2»

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    the image of the black crowd cheering is offensive to me
    this was weird as fuck as well. was that footage from when he was in africa?

I did a double-take at that too.

Gotta say, beyond the poor writing, canned laughter, and semi-offensive imagery, the smugness of those two 'news anchors' makes me want to strangle them.

• i dont usually jump into the SS politics, but (ehh...) here goes:

the utterly plain and simple reason this show isnt funny and WONT be funny is because you have people backing THE FAILED REPUBLICAN GOVERNMENT making (as previously mentioned) really bad 2nd/3rd rate jokes at people trying to change things in washington. The Daily Show IS funny most of the time because:

1) the writing is good
    2) the topics which generally focus on: Iraq, conservative craziness, political craziness in general, are so true and spot on AND brought to you by John Stewart - a COMEDIAN bringing more info to the table than most 'news' shows seem to. funny but sad, (and especially with Colbert), really funny.

this isnt a leftist or 'bullying' slant, this is the plain truth. as has been stated MANY times on this site, THE RIGHT HAS FUCKED THINGS UP TREMENDOUSLY. and people want to know why this isnt funny?

please.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    What? It was not funny. Period.

The arbiter of taste and all things comedic has spoken!
    Let this thread end here!
    Fatback is Soulstrut's lefty bully, you should leave
    the strong arm tactics to the republicans they've had
    alot more practice.

Don't worry fatty I'm on your side and I still thought it was kinda funny....
    Not Sarah Silverman or David Cross funny, but it got a chuckle.

I'm not on a side. Engaging in serious debate makes you feel bullied or strong-armed, huh? That's too bad. Really.

Also, what so funny about the violinist from King Crimson? Jamie Muir is kinda funny, but Cross is serious like Fripp.

Saying something is not funny PERIOD, means just that end of discussion.
    Ending discussion is not "serious debate".
    And to claim you aren't on a side is just laughable...
    I've seen you start tons of threads touting your left leaning politics.
    And I say good for you, I'm down.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I just watched it.

These people are slime.

• the image of the black crowd cheering is offensive to me
    this was weird as fuck as well. was that footage from when he was in africa?

I did a double-take at that too.

Gotta say, beyond the poor writing, canned laughter, and semi-offensive imagery, the smugness of those two 'news anchors' makes me want to strangle them.

Although it's probably good for him that hacks like these are pulling out their extremely weak arguments against him so early. I think people will officially be over the "shocking" fact that his middle name is Hussein by the time it actually matters.

• ronald reagan had zingers for days

but, he's dead. not so funny anymore.

Dying was the funniest thing he ever did.

Dudes still mad at him for destroying communism.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Dudes still mad at him for destroying personal freedom[/b].

• Saying something is not funny PERIOD, means just that end of discussion.

in this situation, i think it's appropriate.

what side of the aisle you're on is irrelevant. this shit is 100% pathetic and unfunny. if you disagree then your sense of humor sucks. you probably think Carlos Mencia is a riot too.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Saying something is not funny PERIOD, means just that end of discussion.

in this situation, i think it's appropriate.

what side of the aisle you're on is irrelevant. this shit is 100% pathetic and unfunny. if you disagree then your sense of humor sucks. you probably think Carlos Mencia is a riot too.

So what, I thought it was a little funny. People are getting real ass hurt regarding Barak.
    Get used to it, the republican meat grinder is gonna try alot worse if he gets
    the nomination.

And for the record Carlos Mencia sucks, how he got his own show is beyond me.

• it has nothing to do with Barak, it has everything to do with terrible "humor".