Sabadaba v TDS Colbert (not funny related)

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Just_In_(2007_TV_series)

It's even beyond ridiculous levels of awful into just plain awkward and sad.

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    What happened to your sense of humor?
    Would it be funny if it was about John McCain or Mitt Romney?

• What happened to your sense of humor?

noones calling the daily show infallible. also, i think there's something to the fact that the show's creator describes it as "The Daily Show for conservatives". thats like making a show revolving around a star jones strip tease and dubbing it "The View for men."

• Also, yes. It would be funny if it were about Mitt Romney. i must admit, if i were a totally unbiased voter thrown into the booth with only 2 names to pick from, Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, there'd be no question. Romney hands down. Just look at the letters in his name and how they're arranged.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    the writers for this garbage are pathetic . the jokes are flaccid and the laugh track is unbearable. i'm all for making fun of people (politicians, regular ol' joes...etc.) but this is just lame. the daily show rips into ANYONE who acts a fool not just republicans and bushie boy. what a massive terd!

I thought it was funny and I'm giving Barak serious consideration
    for my 1st choice in '08.
    I thought this was just another clip from the Daily Show or Colbert.
    I didn't know there was a new show for conservatives.
    Do republicans laugh?
    I mean besides when counting their money.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I thought it was funny and I'm giving Barak serious consideration
    for my 1st choice in '08.

Really. It wasn't that bad, folks. Old jokes, but not poorly delivered. And I'm seeing Obama's face in my morning toast.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    It's kind of lame. Not because they're targeting Obama, but more because the jokes are so poorly written.

His college nickname was "Gassy?" My seven-year-old nephew could write a better joke than that. There were a couple of so-so zingers in the BO magazine bit, but for the most part it seemed like they were stretching pretty hard to find something to make fun of him for. The excruciating canned laughter didn't help matters either.

If this really seems on par with the humor exhibited by the Daily Show writers to you, than maybe you should ask what happened to your own sense of humor.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Creator Joel Surnow describes the show as "The Daily Show for conservatives".

---------------

Joel Surnow is an American writer and producer, perhaps best known for being the creator of the Emmy winning television series 24.

---------------

MSNBC host Keith Olbermann picked Joel Surnow as the "Worst Person in the World" for Feb. 13, 2007 after Surnow neglected to attend a meeting wherein Brigadier General Patrick Finnegan, dean of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, met with the "creative team" behind the hit TV show 24 to ask them to stop writing scenes that promoted torture and breaking the law.

=----------------

iiiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting......

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    24 is such a terrible fucking show. I don't get it.

What happened to your sense of humor?

What? It was not funny. Period. Check out some of the conservative stand-up comics on youtube. Awful. Just awful. I don't what it is? They just can't be funny.

edit:

actually this has it's moments

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

What? It was not funny. Period.

The arbiter of taste and all things comedic has spoken!
    Let this thread end here!
    Fatback is Soulstrut's lefty bully, you should leave
    the strong arm tactics to the republicans they've had
    alot more practice.

Don't worry fatty I'm on your side and I still thought it was kinda funny....
    Not Sarah Silverman or David Cross funny, but it got a chuckle.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Personally I would lump them all in the "obnoxious" category.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    The 99.9% joke was kinda funny. The rest I thought was

• that was the worst attempt at comedy i've seen since that Dane Cook series on HBO. did this show get picked up by a network?

What? It was not funny. Period.

The arbiter of taste and all things comedic has spoken!
    Let this thread end here!
    Fatback is Soulstrut's lefty bully, you should leave
    the strong arm tactics to the republicans they've had
    alot more practice.

Don't worry fatty I'm on your side and I still thought it was kinda funny....

I'm not on a side. Engaging in serious debate makes you feel bullied or strong-armed, huh? That's too bad. Really.

Also, what so funny about the violinist from King Crimson? Jamie Muir is kinda funny, but Cross is serious like Fripp.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    This all just reminded me of how much I miss Kilborn on TDS. It's bad enough TDS morphed slowly from pretty sweet lampooning into preachy worldview reinforcement...the world didn't need a conservative counterpart with lower production values and shittier writers.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the jokes were really lowbrow that "gassy" line was really bad. Still i want to like it just so I can hear a comedic conservative perspective without feeling like I'm forcing myself.

Daily show sucked ass when it began too, maybe they'll soon realize that political comedy should be a little more highbrow than farting jokes.

• i'll say this about the daily show...

it would be silly to claim their politics didn't lean left; that said, they make fun of dems just as much as republicans. Republicans just happen to do dumber stuff, like get us into the iraq war (MATERIAL FOR YEARS...) Not to mention the many republican/conservative guests that they have. Scott McClellan, James Baker, blalalalla

But, they go after CNN even more it seems than Fox News, and Dems are fair game. I can't say I've watched the version here for a whole show, but it has been the mark of the republican movement to stay 'on message,' and keep their humor aimed at the dems/liberal jew run media. I doubt there is going to be the spirit of fair play that TDS brings to the table.

• ronald reagan had zingers for days

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

@ Marion Barry and Tiger Woods refs

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

@ Marion Barry and Tiger Woods refs

what was racist about the Marion Barry reference. I think they were talking about him being caught smoking coke/ crack not race

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    coke =/ crack
    there are tons of politicians who have done coke, but naturally lets bring up the black dude who did a different drug rather than oh I don't know GEORGE BUSH

• ronald reagan had zingers for days

but, he's dead. not so funny anymore.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    ronald reagan had zingers for days

zing!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

MSNBC host Keith Olbermann picked Joel Surnow as the "Worst Person in the World" for Feb. 13, 2007 after Surnow neglected to attend a meeting wherein Brigadier General Patrick Finnegan, dean of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, met with the "creative team" behind the hit TV show 24 to ask them to stop writing scenes that promoted torture and breaking the law.

Surnow in this week's New Yorker:

"I can hardly think of him [Ronald Reagan] without breaking into tears. I just felt Ronald Reagan was the father that this country needed.... He made me feel good that I was in his family."

And, no, that quote is not pulled out of context--there's plenty more where it came from.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

After Surnow's initial excuse for not attending the meeting was exposed as a fabrication, he offered the following: "I just can't sit in a room that long. I'm too A.D.D.--I can't sit still."

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    ronald reagan had zingers for days

Dying was the funniest thing he ever did.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    the image of the black crowd cheering is offensive to me

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    the image of the black crowd cheering is offensive to me
    this was weird as fuck as well. was that footage from when he was in africa?