juicing and supplement strut

2»

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    listen i aint trying to preach this shit, im just all excited. i am looking for the glow.

I challenge you to a push up contest

DO IT OR YOU'RE SOFT!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    listen i aint trying to preach this shit, im just all excited. i am looking for the glow.

it's all good, homie. this is the kind of preaching i like. i'm similar to you, AP, i only eat chicken and fish (mainly salmon, to get my omega 3 on), soda like once a month, and as much beans and vegetables i can get in. i need to get a new juicer and get back into that game. i was killing it for a minute.

what's your take on soy milk? hot or not? my wife and i made the switch about a year ago.

• soy is good for sure.

• AP makes excellent points, those which I have experience with I agree on 100%. Other stuff you mention I am less familiar with and want to learn more about.

This man is speaking the truth people. Best thing you can do for your health is learn some options that are outside of the mainstream/convenient/I-don't-have-time food culture that is imposed upon us and eat right, the details will be a little different for each person but it's worth it. I have a lot to learn, am far from an expert and definitely do not mean to preach either, just glad to see this being discussed and add what I can that may be helpful.

Verb, Johmbo and anyone else......hope those links are useful and make a difference for you.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I gotta be honest. At this point in my life, if I don't have beef for more than 2 weeks, I'll lose my mind.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Maybe you guys have some knowledge on this...

My pops has MS and has started taking these "glyconutrients" made by this Texas-based company called Mannatech. They market the stuff like a pyramid scheme but my dad swears by it. The pitch is that the body only gets like one of the three or four essential sugars it needs from normal, everyday foods. This stuff supposedly makes up the difference. The main product is called Ambrotose and it's this powder procuded from plants that he throws in his drink about three times of day. My dad says it eliminates most of the numbing caused by the disease.

Has anyone ever heard of this?

• White Tea, I have heard of alot of people having great results with Glyconutrients and probiotics together. There is a website www.curezone.com where they found the patent Mannatech uses so you can buy the ingredients yourself and make them. Mannatech charges an arm and a leg, they really mark that stuff up! You could save thousands if you make them yourself.

Another thing I want to suggest is making sure you all buy vine-ripened fruits and veggies. Most of the fruits and veggies we buy at the store are picked before they are ripe and they aren't getting the full amount of nutrients. Glyconutrients help replace some of these essential nutrients.

• I've been trying to eat a lot more raw foods lately. Green smoothies daily, carrots for snacks (in addition to the obvious fruits) etc. I've been cutting down on dairy too. Milk and yoghurt is no problem, but what the hell can I replace cheese with?? For lunch (and even breakfast) it's easiest for me to have (rye) bread, but I gotta have something on it. Furthermore, the hardest part of this new healthier diet to me hasn't been abstaining from certain foods, but actually finding the right stuff to eat.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    Green smoothies daily...

Furthermore, the hardest part of this new healthier diet to me hasn't been abstaining from certain foods, but actually finding the right stuff to eat.

i agree. what do you put in your green smoothies, by the way?

• Furthermore, the hardest part of this new healthier diet to me hasn't been abstaining from certain foods, but actually finding the right stuff to eat.

i mean socially its pretty hard cause my inner circle of friends are just regular folks who occasionally eat fast food, arent the normal obese americans but dont take their food intake all that seriously. i find it hard to hang out and be social w/o having to replace my friends with those who eat smarter. anyways, i try to get all my healthy foods in before noon and then go for broke afterwards. i figure its a start.

• what do you put in your green smoothies, by the way?

I just made one with a banana, an apple, romaine lettuce and spinach. I haven't really made a bad tasting one yet. I always try to make sure I have a sweet fruit in there like a banana so it doesn't get too sour.

• Man, y'all inspired me - I just ran down to the garden and got some chard, kale, tatsoi, and arugula, then juiced it up with kiwi, ginger, and starfruit. Got a couple papaya off the tree but they won't be ripe for a couple days yet.

So necessary...

• Thing that works best:

After you have a month supply of rags from cleaning your dirty records, soak in a gallon of purified water for 1 hour. After the hour is up squeeze out the remaining of water from the rags (you may want to wear latex gloves or wash hands before so you don't get any germs in the drink). Pour in glass add some orange juice and Wham!!!! YOU READY TO HUMAN BEAT BOX YOU'LL BE AMAZED! I HAD CLEANED A JAMES BROWN RECORD AND NEXT THING YOU KNOW I WAS HUMAN BEAT BOXING THE JB'S AND SCREAMIN HHHHHHEEEYYYYYY!!!!!!! AND WHAT IT DOES TO YOUR DANCE MOVES IS INCREDIBLE! B-BOY'S NEED TO KNOW! THIS IS WHAT JUST BLAZE AND 9TH WONDER DRINKS BEFORE MAKING BEATS

• is it better to juice veggies/fruits or do you get more out of throwing everything into a blender. i can see one would have more fiber then the other.

can someone also recommend me a good probiotics? i see some are stored in the fridge and others arent. any difference?

help us out, brothers want to live!

• EDIT/ADDITION: I went to the health food store last week and read an article about aminos and amino supplements, and how it can be useful before you get into any level of activity. I just want to know if it will actually benefit me, or should I just walk another mile or two?

Amino supplements are useful for exercise because they are vasodilators. In other words, they dilate your arteries to allow for more blood to pump to the heart and through your system. L-Arginine is what I usually take. Good stuff. Aside from the workout benefits, the sessions in the bedroom are bound to take the missus to new heights of pleasure. That shit will make you hard enough to cut diamonds. In turn, your meals will taste better, dishes will be done and your house will be clean. Talk about better living through chemistry...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I get the whole cooking kills aspect of this thing. But what about the frozen berry/fruit (yes mango) action. Am I drinking "dead" food too? Yogurt in the smoothie, never that. Add a banana to make it more creamier.