reggae heads...question...perhaps K ?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
was King Tubby's track "Sir Nineys Rock" ever used as a backing track for a vocal, or is it a stand alone rhythmn track? I am lovin it and would love to hear a song on top of it...

Comments

• Options
    Rings a bell, what's it on? If it's Niney and Tubby and it's dope, it's likely a Dennis Brown vocal. Just an early guess.

Soundfile?

ALso, was it you that was trying to ID a 45 I couldn't get a while back? Give me the details again, I think I have the info.

K.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    heres the soundfile....its on an LP from '89 called "King Tubby's Special" on Trojan...a comp of stuff from 73-76.
    http://s6.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2RMZ21C1Y109H3ISECAE38AWVJ

I dont know if it was me regarding the 45...cant remember...I do remember asking ya for a Lynn Tait 45, is that what you are talking about?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    D Brown, oui, ca c'est vrai...

it's on this record - not too vocaly - snippets if memory serves.

• Options
    Give a HElping HAnd Oh Jah - Dennis Brown. Never seen the JA press, but ran into store stock of the Canadian a while back (had 15 or so copies of it at one point....I kept 2)....sold MIssBassie one I believe.

Give a Helping Hand Oh Jah

Good guess, eh?

K.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    cool..thanks!

Give a HElping HAnd Oh Jah - Dennis Brown. Never seen the JA press, but ran into store stock of the Canadian a while back (had 15 or so copies of it at one point....I kept 2)....sold MIssBassie one I believe.

You???ve sold me plentya good sh*t but not that one! It was a birthday gift from Jelly???

• Options
    What! is all I'm gonna say to that. Maybe, ain't that sweet, too.

K.

I know..the good ol' days, eh?

And yes, pretty sweet.