my job is slowly blocking sites i go to

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
first it was Meebo(my aim based site). then they started doing message boards i frequent. the Strut hasnt disappeared yet. i work 4 fucking hours a day. answering calls part time. you think they would let me have something?it aint like they give me anything else to do!!!

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    first it was Meebo(my aim based site). then they started doing message boards i frequent. the Strut hasnt disappeared yet. i work 4 fucking hours a day. answering calls part time. you think they would let me have something?

it aint like they give me anything else to do!!!

best to lay low, get a sidekick or something

• quit.

full-time-strut!!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Pr xy.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    Yeah, what Flomo says. Google "Proxy avoidance". Basically, a site (site "A") that is allowed to you, that you can enter your blocked site into (site "B"), and this site A displays site B for you to see, rather than trying to see site B directly.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    Welcome to my world,.....
    Were i work they have blocked,dailymotion,youtube,msn messenger, and lot of website,even the one where i'll get my sneakers.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    it aint like they give me anything else to do!!!

mmm, they pay you for your time, they decide how you spend it.

I have a friend who works as a LAN manager for an oil company. Entire days of nothingness. Books in pdf format saved his life. He looks mad focused on his work and at the same time, dude is absorbing knowledge like a sponge.

See? I don't hate you anymore.

• ericeric 155 Posts
    As i'm working in computer graphic industry, i got to wait for my images to compute,from 5m to 20m and more.
    What'm i supposed to do while those min.??? well i'm surfing for most or drawing.
    As long as the job is well done and on time, i don't see where is the problem.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Where I work, they block google. When questioned about it recently at an all staff meeting, the VP of the company said we cant have google because people will go on "mysite", oy...

I can get on soulstrut every day or two, but I only get 5-10 links clicked before it suddenly gets blocked. Don't know if someone is watching or if the software takes a minute to notice.

What is this proxy method you speak of...

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,894 Posts
    I would post you some links, but of course, they try to block us doing this too.

Try http://www.23proxy.com/

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    hell at my job the have blocked access to all proxie avoidance sites through a program called web sense....

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    What Nazi kinds of companies do y'all work for?

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    my work blocks all the proxy servers... I MEAN ALL OF THEM!

same here........

• at least i can check the strut freely.

however, no youtube or myspace. AND no sites that require flash player. super lame.