What it is!: Odub, Rhino, and Dante

124»

Comments

• PS Anyone who steals music from the library, or the radio station, has a special place in hell.

YOU GETS NO BURRITO, DOG.

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Both Dante and Georges were thanked for supplying singles from their personal collections (sorry Georges, didn't know you were yoigotbeats)

SOULSTRUT PERSONAE REVEALED!

I just got a notice in the mail from my local library that they are holding a copy of this behind the counter for me to checkout. It's a seven-day thing, I think. But I'm still pretty psyched.

Check with your local library. Save yourself some money.

LIBRARIANS ARE SMART.
    JRoot

PS Anyone who steals music from the library, or the radio station, has a special place in hell. Just tape it or burn it or do whatever it is you DJ people do with a dildo these days and then put it back.

Er, isn't that still stealing music from the library?

How? You're BORROWING, not BUYING, may as well make the most of it. Most college radio stations have some kind of check-out system anyway, so its' not like you're smuggling records on the sly.

Borrowing from the library is how libraries work. I was asking about the "burn it" mention. It's nothing really to me...it just seemed like an odd thing to say after admonishes people stealing from the library.

Stealing from the library = bad because it deprives other people of the opportunity to borrow the item (or forces the library to incur costs in replacing it).

Burning a copy for personal use = doesn't affect the library or other prospective borrowers.

Somewhere in California there is a library with their "Witchcraft" section completely empty, shelves collecting dust. Each of those books, one by one, were taken off the shelf, casually brought into the restroom, stuffed into my pants, and (awkwardly) walked out the back door (no magnetic strip alarm) to my private Satanic Storeroom.

And somewhere, John DeCroy, the wrestler who punched me in the nuts in the school hallway, is suffering from a rather strong eternal "nut-swelling" spell of paralysis I cast on him thanks to the pages of one of those stolen library books. The spell, I believe, included him before forced to watch--while paralyzed--as I slipped it to his girlfriend (a cheerleader named Cindy). I am here to confirm that the Cindy part of the incantation never materialized, but I like to imagine DeCroy's nuts throbbing... wherever he may be.

There's A (special) Place in Hell for Me and My Friends,,
    Mr. Long-Term Borrower

• I disagree. Except for some bland jazz detours here & there, the debut wasn't the only good album they did. I would definitely be the first to recommend Music Is The Message or Good Times. Can't, cain't, CANNOT hate on "funkeeeee junkeeeee!" (And no, John, I don't mean Charlie Daniels! )

I like the early stuff, and I do like Good Times[/b], Light Of Worlds[/b], and Love And Understanding[/b]... well, I like all of the early Kool & The Gang albums. I've been listening to the two live albums from 1971 quite a bit as of late, with one sounding more authentic than the other. Outside of a new comp every three or four years, there's not an in-depth Kool & The Gang box set, is there?

I always liked the drum sound they achieved on the first album, which of course is one of many reasons why so many people have sampled from it over the years. That, and just the music being good.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

PS Anyone who steals music from the library, or the radio station, has a special place in hell.

YOU GETS NO BURRITO, DOG.

Dood, seriously that is insane. Bow down to the funniest poster on the strut.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Both Dante and Georges were thanked for supplying singles from their personal collections (sorry Georges, didn't know you were yoigotbeats)

SOULSTRUT PERSONAE REVEALED!

I just got a notice in the mail from my local library that they are holding a copy of this behind the counter for me to checkout. It's a seven-day thing, I think. But I'm still pretty psyched.

Check with your local library. Save yourself some money.

LIBRARIANS ARE SMART.
    JRoot

PS Anyone who steals music from the library, or the radio station, has a special place in hell. Just tape it or burn it or do whatever it is you DJ people do with a dildo these days and then put it back.

Er, isn't that still stealing music from the library?

How? You're BORROWING, not BUYING, may as well make the most of it. Most college radio stations have some kind of check-out system anyway, so its' not like you're smuggling records on the sly.

Borrowing from the library is how libraries work. I was asking about the "burn it" mention. It's nothing really to me...it just seemed like an odd thing to say after admonishes people stealing from the library.

Stealing from the library = bad because it deprives other people of the opportunity to borrow the item (or forces the library to incur costs in replacing it).

Burning a copy for personal use = doesn't affect the library or other prospective borrowers.

Somewhere in California there is a library with their "Witchcraft" section completely empty, shelves collecting dust. Each of those books, one by one, were taken off the shelf, casually brought into the restroom, stuffed into my pants, and (awkwardly) walked out the back door (no magnetic strip alarm) to my private Satanic Storeroom.

And somewhere, John DeCroy, the wrestler who punched me in the nuts in the school hallway, is suffering from a rather strong eternal "nut-swelling" spell of paralysis I cast on him thanks to the pages of one of those stolen library books. The spell, I believe, included him before forced to watch--while paralyzed--as I slipped it to his girlfriend (a cheerleader named Cindy). I am here to confirm that the Cindy part of the incantation never materialized, but I like to imagine DeCroy's nuts throbbing... wherever he may be.

There's A (special) Place in Hell for Me and My Friends,,
    Mr. Long-Term Borrower

Yes, but think about how you deprived other aspiring young witches of the wisdom contained therein.