A WORD ABOUT THE HATTERS

pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
People who can't stand to see you do well? Those are HATERS.Not HATTERS.A HATTER is one of the party guests in Alice In Wonderland.I know this ain't the Soul Strut Spelling Bee, but somebody had to say somethin'!And that was Nothing To Do With Nothing, But Y'all Use That Damn Misspelling Too Much And I Couldn't Take It No More-related!!!

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    BANN

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    What's the hell?

Give me a braek!!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,891 Posts
    I think everyone knows it's a misspelling. But it's funnier that way.

HATT, LOVV, EVAR, FOLL...

It could be worse. It could be 1337 .

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

• all yall plaese to shut the fcuk up

all yall plaese to shut the fcuk up

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Soulstrut dyslexia olympics in full effect

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    A HATTER is one of the party guests in Alice In Wonderland.

Hatterade

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

A MAD[/b] HATTER is one of the party guests in Alice In Wonderland.

• BANN

HA!

• bunch of no speling terds up in hear.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    |=|_|(1< |_| 13aye???{]-[|=-$

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Man, if only I could find a label pic of a certain MC Breed 12"......

• do you like pron? peace, stein. . .

• do you like pron? peace, stein. . .

Not the type that might be suggested in that Hagers graphic.

• The male members of the SOS Band were wearing some messed-up hats in the rerun of Soul Train I caught this afternoon.

The male members of the SOS Band were wearing some messed-up hats in the rerun of Soul Train I caught this afternoon.

Yes ... yes they are.

Great song, though. Don't hat.

• The male members of the SOS Band were wearing some messed-up hats in the rerun of Soul Train I caught this afternoon.

Yeah they were. Obviously not up to par with what Lakeside were wearing at the time. Good show, but last week's one (with The Undisputed Truth) was the best I've seen in this Best Of series so far.

Yes ... yes they are.

Great song, though. Don't hat.

Nah, that kind of "modern soul" really isn't my bag (although I gotta give 'em credit - that song is so catchy that it had been floating through my mind all day after watching them on television). Matter of fact, I almost turned off the teevee when I saw that this week's vintage Train was from 1980 instead of 1971-75 (you know, the good[/b] years ). But I kept watching anyway, because the camp factor was way too good to ignore, and besides, how can anyone "hat" on Rick James (who was on the same episode wearing mismatched shoes)?

Yeah they were. Obviously not up to par with what Lakeside were wearing at the time. Good show, but last week's one (with The Undisputed Truth) was the best I've seen in this Best Of series so far.

Holy shit, the Undisputed Truth??

I don't mean to get all anal on you, but was from their "Smiling Faces Sometimes" era in 1971, when they were still a trio (and years before they went disco)? If so, now THAT'S the Soul Train I wanna see! The disco-era Train is fine for shits & giggles, but the early-70s eps are the ones that inspire respect from me...

(I'm hoping they show the 1973 Chuck Berry episode, myself...back then, Soul Train used to have a Q&A session between the artist and the audience, and I understand that the kids were grilling Berry HARD about his white-ish rock & roll sound and even whiter following...)

• I don't mean to get all anal on you, but was from their "Smiling Faces Sometimes" era in 1971, when they were still a trio (and years before they went disco)? If so, now THAT'S the Soul Train I wanna see! The disco-era Train is fine for shits & giggles, but the early-70s eps are the ones that inspire respect from me...

It was the one from the mid-70's when there were five people.

This series has gone back to the early 70's for a few episodes, but the emphasis lately has been anything afterwards. But the episode with The Undisputed Truth and Average White Band was still good.

• I don't mean to get all anal on you, but was from their "Smiling Faces Sometimes" era in 1971, when they were still a trio (and years before they went disco)? If so, now THAT'S the Soul Train I wanna see! The disco-era Train is fine for shits & giggles, but the early-70s eps are the ones that inspire respect from me...

It was the one from the mid-70's when there were five people.

This series has gone back to the early 70's for a few episodes, but the emphasis lately has been anything afterwards. But the episode with The Undisputed Truth and Average White Band was still good.

I just looked that episode up on TV.Com...November 1975, and it sez here that the Truth did "Ma" and "Boogie Bump Boogie," which must mean it was from their pseudo-P-Funk phase, when they were all about silver space suits and matching Afro wigs. I would have loved to have seen this - those songs are from their highly underrated Higher Than High album (featuring the unbelievably lewd "Poontang"); that entire LP is probably the most on-the-money George Clinton imitation anybody ever did (I suspect that was producer Norman Whitfield's idea).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I would have loved to have seen this - those songs are from their highly underrated Higher Than High album (featuring the unbelievably lewd "Poontang"); that entire LP is probably the most on-the-money George Clinton imitation anybody ever did (I suspect that was producer Norman Whitfield's idea).

Poontang is that shit.

• I just looked that episode up on TV.Com...November 1975, and it sez here that the Truth did "Ma" and "Boogie Bump Boogie," which must mean it was from their pseudo-P-Funk phase, when they were all about silver space suits and matching Afro wigs. I would have loved to have seen this - those songs are from their highly underrated Higher Than High album (featuring the unbelievably lewd "Poontang"); that entire LP is probably the most on-the-money George Clinton imitation anybody ever did (I suspect that was producer Norman Whitfield's idea).

Probably was, and that's exactly what it was, as if someone witnessed the Mothership coming down and said "let's be silver". It was a good performance, even though it was just the singers on stage. When I heard it, I thought "damn, it sounds very Car Wash[/b]-ish", meaning Rose Royce, and when Don Cornelius interviewed them and Whitfield's name was dropped, I thought "ah!"

• I just looked that episode up on TV.Com...November 1975, and it sez here that the Truth did "Ma" and "Boogie Bump Boogie," which must mean it was from their pseudo-P-Funk phase, when they were all about silver space suits and matching Afro wigs. I would have loved to have seen this - those songs are from their highly underrated Higher Than High album (featuring the unbelievably lewd "Poontang"); that entire LP is probably the most on-the-money George Clinton imitation anybody ever did (I suspect that was producer Norman Whitfield's idea).

Probably was, and that's exactly what it was, as if someone witnessed the Mothership coming down and said "let's be silver". It was a good performance, even though it was just the singers on stage. When I heard it, I thought "damn, it sounds very Car Wash[/b]-ish", meaning Rose Royce, and when Don Cornelius interviewed them and Whitfield's name was dropped, I thought "ah!"

I think the Undisputed Truth were basically just a "front" for whatever ideas Whitfield had at any given moment, with members leaving, lineups altered, and no two Truth groups sounding alike. One minute they were a trio, a few years later they were the full-blown funk group (band?) that recorded Higher Than High, one more year and they were off into a disco thing.

Nah, that kind of "modern soul" really isn't my bag

that song is so catchy that it had been floating through my mind all day after watching them on television

These 2 statements are

Sounds like hat by reflex, instead of reaction - face it,
    you like the SOS Band song, even if most "modern soul"
    leaves you cold ... admit it, you like "No Parking on the Dance
    Floor" by Midnight Starr, too, don't you? Huh? Just a little bit?
    Hmmmm?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

Nah, that kind of "modern soul" really isn't my bag

that song is so catchy that it had been floating through my mind all day after watching them on television

These 2 statements are

leaves you cold ... admit it, you like "No Parking on the Dance
    Hmmmm?

SOI on today!!!

• Nah, that kind of "modern soul" really isn't my bag

These 2 statements are

Not necessarily. Just 'cause the song has a strong hook doesn't mean I like it, now. That just means it's hard to forget it. "Take Your Time (Do It Right)" is catchy, but then so is the flu.

leaves you cold

Well, maybe you're right - give it a couple of months to sink in, and if I'm tempted to buy the 45 when I see it in a used bin, or if somebody posts a Yousendit to Soul Strut with that tune on it and it winds up getting multiple plays on my iTunes, then the joke's on me and I'm laffin' too! I'm not saying it couldn't happen, now...I've had guilty pleasures far more unlikely than "Take Your Time (Do It Right)"...but until then I'm on the fence.

But I ain't buyin' no S.O.S. Band "greatest hits" album! At least, NOT YET...;)

... admit it, you like "No Parking on the Dance
    Hmmmm?

Well, I wouldn't take it THAT far, Holmes, but...if I could remember how the fucker GOES, then I'd tell you!