OH SNAP A PARTY IN DC!

DaveNadaDaveNada 47 Posts
edited June 2005 in Announcements
this saturday...GET WIIIIIILD.

Comments

• it's on!

• low budget and Krunk on Friday, OH SNAP! on Saturday...it's gonna be a hectic weekend.

• DaveNadaDaveNada 47 Posts
    also from the WASHINGTON POST:

"We recently held forth in a Got Plans? discussion on
    where to dance to hip-hop, funk and the like on a
    Saturday night if you aren't enamored of big fancy
    clubs. Oh Snap! is a monthly party at Wonderland
    featuring DJs Dave Nada and Meistro, and we can't
    currently come up with a better option to fit the
    bill. It's free and you can dresshowyalike."

-Nightlife Agenda Wash Post (Fritz & Rhome)

CHHEAAAH.

yo, pictures from last saturday!
    http://www.davenada.com/ohsnapjune11.htm

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    seriously, wonderland has got to be one of my favorite spots to play at.

hollar.

• Saturday was crazy! And crazy shit happened - like some dude showed up with a bag full of records and basically demanded that we play them (which we didn't do). He walked right on stage like it was his night and kept saying shit like "dude, you can play my records, but I won't even take credit for them." WTF?!?! they looked like some shitty trance records too. Eventually, I got the bouncer and he got him out of there. weirdness.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Saturday was crazy! And crazy shit happened - like some dude showed up with a bag full of records and basically demanded that we play them (which we didn't do). He walked right on stage like it was his night and kept saying shit like "dude, you can play my records, but I won't even take credit for them." WTF?!?! they looked like some shitty trance records too. Eventually, I got the bouncer and he got him out of there. weirdness.

It has been a minute since I have gigged there...it that your tables or did they get all new equipment? From the pics, the set-up looked different. Do you still have to provide a mixer?

By the way, nice crowd, fellas! Looks like your putting in the work and it's paying off nicely.

• NiteKrawler45NiteKrawler45 1,062 Posts
    Saturday was crazy! And crazy shit happened - like some dude showed up with a bag full of records and basically demanded that we play them (which we didn't do). He walked right on stage like it was his night and kept saying shit like "dude, you can play my records, but I won't even take credit for them." WTF?!?! they looked like some shitty trance records too. Eventually, I got the bouncer and he got him out of there. weirdness.

It has been a minute since I have gigged there...it that your tables or did they get all new equipment? From the pics, the set-up looked different. Do you still have to provide a mixer?

By the way, nice crowd, fellas! Looks like your putting in the work and it's paying off nicely.

Matt bought a Vestax mixer and coffin, plus finally fixed the right turntable arm when it failed on me. Equipment works great now.

Kid Gusto, I too love to DJ at Wonderland. It's got that gritty, back alley, total mix of people feel that brings out the best in me.

word, everytime i've gone to wonderland, the dj set up is always different. they did step things up with gear though!

OH YAYYYERRRRR! THIS SATURDAY JULY 9TH!!!

http://www.davenada.com/ohsnapjune11.htm

• word, everytime i've gone to wonderland, the dj set up is always different. they did step things up with gear though!

Yeah? Did they get a new sound system or something? Every time I played there it sounded like shit.

shit's straight actually. the only problem we've had was having the cops come twice a few months back for noise complaints and the bar turned down the PA (which sucked). but overall it's been chill!

• the system is solid. Nothing amazing, but sounds fine.

pics from last saturday. fire!

more fire: http://www.davenada.com/ohsnapjuly.htm

• crazy!