Selling Unknown Sealed Records (eBay related)

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Do you break the seal so that you can post audio, or keep it sealed for the crazy collectors? I have real low-fi audio of one song from Manship, but I have no idea whether it's the best song off the record or not.Discuss.

Comments

• The times I've had to deal with this dilemma, I basically state that the record was sealed and I opened it to check for warping. I also post up pics before (sealed) and after to further drive home the point of the piece's "minty-ness".

Never affected a sale or trade.

To me, it's pretty legit. I've bought sealed records that ended up being warped.

Hope that helps

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The times I've had to deal with this dilemma, I basically state that the record was sealed and I opened it to check for warping. I also post up pics before (sealed) and after to further drive home the point of the piece's "minty-ness".

Never affected a sale or trade.

To me, it's pretty legit. I've bought sealed records that ended up being warped.

Hope that helps

Yeah, I'm leaning towards this, I'm gonna take a very clear picture attempting to show that it was sealed, and then break it open and play it once to record. I'll post the audio for Strut-consumption when I have it recorded.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    what's the record?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    sell it sealed

what's the record?

George Smith - I'm Only Human. Northern Soul w/possible modern soul leanings from 1984. I wont post the eBay listing in here, but I have an ad up in the proper section. I can't even find a proper bio on the dude, and no one I've talked to knows anything about the record. Manship hasn't seen a copy. If you know anything, PLEASE tell me.

• haha. dude. just sell the record. this is like your third post about it. I mean the shit might go for opening bid or not at all (you started it at $49.99 or something). That is the nature of sealed, unknown records. All in all you paid a dollar for it so even if you only make like $62.97 you have done very well all things considered.

If someone requests soundclips then open the record. Or send the lo-fi shit.

I like opening sealed records.

haha. dude. just sell the record. this is like your third post about it. I mean the shit might go for opening bid or not at all (you started it at $49.99 or something). That is the nature of sealed, unknown records. All in all you paid a dollar for it so even if you only make like $62.97 you have done very well all things considered.

If someone requests soundclips then open the record. Or send the lo-fi shit.

I like opening sealed records.

Apologies. It's what happens when you're broke as fuck.

• ... and my post is what happens when you're drunk as fuck. So apologies here if it came off callous. But seriously, it's a record not a mill ticket.

But seriously, it's not a big deal. I would not open it if I were you. If it were me, I'd open it...

• records are meal tickets

• BEYOND POPSIKE