this is my year

santanicsantanic 69 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
I posted a message on or about the first week in january looking for info on where to send my demo and instantly got info on good records and personally was looking for something less commercial a little more underground, no offense to kanye or his contribution to rap, but his style is too pop, I make beats for the heads, and I know that sounds cliche but so often you find that hip hop or rap is being made to a white crowd who still enjoy to dance, whatever happen to listening to beats just to bug out to anyway.. send info on new labels doing important work on hip hop.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I posted a message on or about the first week in january looking for info on where to send my demo and instantly got info on good records and personally was looking for something less commercial a little more underground, no offense to kanye or his contribution to rap, but his style is too pop, I make beats for the heads, and I know that sounds cliche but so often you find that hip hop or rap is being made to a white crowd who still enjoy to dance, whatever happen to listening to beats just to bug out to anyway.. send info on new labels doing important work on hip hop.

No disrespect, because we're all underground soldiers here, but I feel like you are slighting Kanye's efforts to keep that underground real schitt alive.

He's taking that major label money and plowing it right back into the underground. Consequence, son! He pulled that dude off the side of a milk carton! Sa-Ra Fashion Consultant Partners, kid! Please do not sleep.

I urge you not to dither further and to contact him with all speed:

Good Records
    179 E. 3rd St., New York, NY
    Telephone: 1-212-529-2081
    Fax: 1-646-290-5605
    Email: [email]good.records@gmail.com[/email]

• now that's just not right.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

No disrespect, because we're all underground soldiers here, but I feel like you are slighting Kanye's efforts to keep that underground real schitt alive.

He's taking that major label money and plowing it right back into the underground. Consequence, son! He pulled that dude off the side of a milk carton! Sa-Ra Fashion Consultant Partners, kid! Please do not sleep.

I urge you not to dither further and to contact him with all speed:

Good Records
    179 E. 3rd St., New York, NY
    Telephone: 1-212-529-2081
    Fax: 1-646-290-5605
    Email: [email]good.records@gmail.com[/email]

(ask for Ralph)

Damn, it took this dude to bring you guys out but my thread gets no love?

booo

That was ice cold!! Maybe you can tell dude about the glory years at Sandbox when he comes thru.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    now that's just not right.

That was ice cold!! Maybe you can tell dude about the glory years at Sandbox when he comes thru.

Or Project Ambersunshower

The first jab was hard but that was the K.O. PUNCH!

wtf is that?

• dayday 9,611 Posts

wtf is that?

bonus points for unintentional ZING

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

wtf is that?

bonus points for unintentional ZING

Hey, I LIKED some of that album, some, of that, album.

This thread is DOPE[/b]