post yer raer music memorabilia.....

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
...and the story behind them.Photobucket - Video and Image HostingMy Dad grew up in New Jersey and during the 70's had some friend that had a job at some New York laundry service. Well, one day my Dad tags along with his friend on a routine pick up of the laundry bags from the Dakota building. SO as they were throwing the bags in the back of the truck and driving off they noticed "Lennon" written on one of the bags. My Dad asks his friend open it and grab the first thing he sees. So he pulls out the shirt and they both freak out, my Dad ends up keeping it, somehow thinking Lennon won't notice it missing. But his friend gets fired soon after. My Dad ends up getting him another job and when he moved to Cali, he left him the bulk of his record collection (about 2 crates worth of prime stuff.)......The End. My Dad wore the hell out of that shirt up until the mid 80's when he retired it. It resides in a crappy frame until I can get something better.

Comments

• down the tubes this thread goes???? I know some of you have some crazy stuff. Dante??? Iron Monkey???

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Not so much memorabilia, but I do have several letters Steady B wrote me from prison, including a picture of him and his mom. He says I'm the only person who's not in his family to have a picture of him from prison.

• well, that Lennon shirt is totally

..but here's my favorite item:

this was in a dressing room bathroom at a club that shall remain unnamed. i was working on a tour and we noticed this. its a metal air vent that Strummer signed to no one and everyone. Joe was still around at the time (2000) but i'd never had a chance to meet him, and a tour co-worker dared me to unscrew it off the wall and take it with us. Im glad I did, as i never did have a chance to thank the guy in person for being so damn cool.

• Joe Strummer... so damn cool.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    well, that Lennon shirt is totally

..but here's my favorite item:

this was in a dressing room bathroom at a club that shall remain unnamed. i was working on a tour and we noticed this. its a metal air vent that Strummer signed to no one and everyone. Joe was still around at the time (2000) but i'd never had a chance to meet him, and a tour co-worker dared me to unscrew it off the wall and take it with us. Im glad I did, as i never did have a chance to thank the guy in person for being so damn cool.

AWESOME. lol

• I have a pair of bob pollard jeans; he decided he didn't want them, and sent them to his brother in law, who's a friend of mine; they didn't fit the bro in law, so now i wear them.

For a kid from Southwest ohio who grew up in the 90s, that's big.

• Here's a few pics from my shop (where the majority of my memorabilia now lives):

• a img src="http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i252/pemdas1964/ss.jpg" border="0"
    This was my first electric guitar that also belonged to someone in The Young Rascals (not sure if it was Gene Cornish or not though) which is about as deep as my memorabilia goes. I bought it off a guy who opened for them for years for $150, only to find out a year later it belonged to one of The Rascals. Dude in the guitar shop I "worked" in had a pair of Noel Redding's platform boots, he built a shadow box for them and charged people 50 cents to see them.

That Lennon shirt is really a thread over, internet over situation.

• all of you guys are posting some great stuff!! It's definitely not a contest, so keep it coming.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    i have a pair of the funky drummer's drumsticks.

(do i have to post a pic???? they look like regular old sticks)

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Ok this may not qualify as uberraer, but I got a copy of "One Love" signed by Nas at my desk. He actually stopped by my job (Circuit City HQ) for an autograph signing promoting "Hip Hop Is Dead".
    I've got a bunch of 12"s adorning the walls of my grey prison-like office cube and just happened to have "One Love".. so my boy got the shit signed for me (I wasn't about to stand in line). I'm usually not into autographs but I thought it was pretty dope seeing as how I didn't have to go out of the way and it was on the clock.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I'm pretty sure it was Dante who one time posted a pic of the Moments tour banner he owns. Pretty hot.

Another friend of mine owns a Mickey & the Soul Generation concert poster. It's the only I've ever seen of theirs.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

old photo of promo jackets:

tommy boy records
    rawkus records
    k cloud & the crew tour jacket
    patchwerk records

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    i have a pair of the funky drummer's drumsticks.

(do i have to post a pic???? they look like regular old sticks)

My friend has a pair as well. Got to meet him earlier this year (I think) or late last year for a documentary he's working on. Got some some drum sticks.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    This is a cool thread. I have nothing on that level, but the lady from mechanical servants sent me these three 8.5X11" show posters from 1981. I'd be surprised if any remained in tact. I've posted these before, but lets keep this thread going!

• I'm pretty sure it was Dante who one time posted a pic of the RIMSHOTS[/b] tour banner he owns. Pretty hot.

Yes I own an original stage banner, but I have never posted it on this board.
    If I had a digital camera I could get busy posting shit, but I don't.
    Everybody loses.

• grahamgraham 201 Posts
    Sly And The Family Stone ticket for maple leaf gardens taped to my Stand!LP

• photo of the Blalock brothers (of Iron Knowledge fame) in the studio recording the Steel City Band 45.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    photo of the Blalock brothers (of Iron Knowledge fame) in the studio recording the Steel City Band 45.

...but no pic sleeve, I see.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• down the tubes this thread goes???? I know some of you have some crazy stuff. Dante??? Iron Monkey???

Hmmm... I gotta see what I have lying around.

I'll post up some thangs later. Cool entries so far! That Lennon t-shirt is most definitely

Dante, stop frontin... you got a digi camera... take some pictures for chrissakes!

• mine consist mostly of promo items from my college radio days:

fur elise:

hoodie from when I worked at Zomba:

there's a lot more but I don't want to clog the thread

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

hoodie from when I worked at Zomba:

How much ya want for it?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

fur elise:

thank you! Ill pm you my address...you can just send it my way

• fur elise:

thank you! Ill pm you my address...you can just send it my way