when's the last time you made a scene?

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Preemptive "I sound White" (but in fact I'm not):

Nearly got into a fight at a Starbucks in a chi-chi SF neighborhood about a month ago???

My wife and I were at said establishment, which was jampacked without an empty table in the house. There were a lot of patrons in the joint, some enjoying their food, but most just loitering around. I was holding 2 full cups of coffee and a pastry while my wife was in the restroom. All of a sudden, I see one of the patrons preparing to leave. As I walk to the table, I make eye contact with a foodless wonder sitting at the spot immediately behind it. The guy sees me making my way to the vacancy and makes a mad dash to the coveted destination.

At that point, I just lost it. I placed my items on the table he occupied and loudly called him a ???fucking asshole??? for knowingly taking the seat that I was walking towards. He acted shocked that I called him out and we proceeded to argue. He claimed to not have seen me, but I knew with 99% certainty (the 1% allowing for blindness) that his move was an obvious, intentional display of disrespect.

Let me just tell you that I???m in my early-30???s and am not that tall or muscular a person (5 foot 10). This fucker, on the other hand, was at least 6 foot 4. He was also a bit on the stocky side, and appeared to be in his mid-40???s. I have been told that I look fairly menacing when I???m visibly angry, though, so I suppose I had that and the age thing to my advantage.

Regardless of fact that I would have probably lost due to the difference in height/heft, I was so pissed that I was ready to fight this dude. After about 3 minutes of arguing back and forth, equipped with nothing but my rage and ???war face???, the guy ultimately relented and returned to the table he previously left, all the while muttering in a ???pity poor me??? voice that I was ???so wrong??? for getting into it with him.

SG

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I only got a couple of lumps on the top of my head, completely unnoticeable because of my hair.

I changed my location about 20 times in the last ten minutes.

I'm gonna settle for this

----------------

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    I was holding 2 full cups of coffee and a pastry while my wife was in the restroom.

• i am always ready to actafoo

• AFter all was said and done we couldnt find my sneaker.
    We drove around and found on the opposite side of the street.
    When I picked it up, I noticed some treads on franks face.
    We realized that the 5th faggot who was too chump to join his friends in a 5-2 brawl had picked it up and chucked at franks face from the sidewalk to the middle of the street.
    The scene was quite large.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

I'm gonna settle for this

----------------

i am always ready to actafoo

i dont believe you. Write more.

how did you meet Frank?

what was the craziest thing you ever seen him do?

how did you meet Frank?

I met frank in high school
    One time on a field trip, some black kid tried to pull a knife on him
    frank dispatched him with the greatest of ease then proceeded to yell "Go back to where you came from!"

how did you meet Frank?

frank dispatched him with the greatest of ease then proceeded to yell "Go back to where you came from!"
    I forgot to mention he watches BET religiously so him handling this black kid was not race related.

how did you meet Frank?

You just blew up your alias, Guzzo. You shouldn't have said "some black kid".

how did you meet Frank?

I forgot to mention he watches BET religiously so him handling this black kid was not race related.

shit. you had me.

well done.

guzzo?

• The year was 1999 and frank and myself and some ladies (I wont waste time commenting on their appearance, yall already know they where fine) went to see stigmata.
    Frank saved me and my lady friend some seats in an apparently packed house.
    I dont know why it would be so busy for such a shit movie.
    When I got there the manager was kicking frank out the movie theater.
    I was like wtf?
    I proceeded to actafoo in that bitch and cursed the manager out, called him a scrapa puto maricon.
    We still got a refund then i flipped him the bird on the glass of the ticket booth and we jetted.
    I think frank didnt want to sit next to some turks or something like that.

The year was 1999 and frank and myself and some ladies (I wont waste time commenting on their appearance, yall already know they where fine) went to see stigmata.
    I was like wtf?
    I proceeded to actafoo in that bitch and cursed the manager out, called him a scrapa puto maricon.
    We still got a refund then i flipped him the bird on the glass of the ticket booth and we jetted.

BAN

• You just blew up your alias, Guzzo. You shouldn't have said "some black kid".

nah bluhd, this is Grandpa Jesus Vasquez aka GFJESUS aka Grandfather
    I do not know this guzzo cat

• The year was 1999 and frank and myself and some ladies (I wont waste time commenting on their appearance, yall already know they where fine) went to see stigmata.
    I was like wtf?

BAN
    yeah, i got bant but its a huge multiplex joint, they dont enforce

• damn. the fact that grand father is an alias just ruined my whole day.

damn. the fact that grand father is an alias just ruined my whole day.

same here.

• damn. the fact that grand father is an alias just ruined my whole day.

wtf, srsly bluhd, I am not an alias
    I post heavy on the dstyles forum, used to post on the scratchcon forum
    I am posting more here because FUNKSHITUP is blocked at my job

edit: I actually posted this same fight story on funkshitup when it first happened

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Post deleted by missbassie

what that all about?

She probably wasn't thrilled with how the thread turned into
    Germans who hate Turks but aren't racist and Cobra Kai aliases
    who use the word "faget" alot, and decided to withdraw her own
    contribution. Who can blame her?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    a foodless wonder

Definition please! I'd like to incorporate this into my lexicon.

The real question is: Were you able to enjoy your coffee beverage after all that hullabaloo.

• I dunno if this was the last time I made a scene but this is the last one I remember.

A few years back, when I had just arrived to California I was practically forced to work within walking distance of my pad. Now, this pedestrian method of commuting is the norm for many New Yorkers but in Cali, if you don't drive, you might as well not exist. I had to pay off ancient parking tix from my days in NJ, so I basically had to work my ass off for shit pay and scrounge every cent till I could get my driving privileges restored. So where would I work?

Well, luckily there was a small cell-phone joint in a nearby strip mall that was looking for help. I applied and got the job almost immediately. The owners (Indian) had a couple of other stores to tend to and this one was apparently their least successful venture. They hired me for crap money, paid me every two weeks and I had to open and close that roach infested shithole of a store 6 days a week. Any of you who know me in the real world, know that I can get pissed at the drop of a dime. Needless to say, this situation was a powder keg ready to go...

The clientele were homeless people, local Mexican folks with a revolving collection of fake SS numbers who were hell-bent on having T-Mobile in their life, the occasional hot chick and other assorted dregs of society. I had to tend to these folks 6 days a week. My mood generally ranged from apathy to anger.. with a few moments of clarity to keep things balanced.

I never really had it out with a customer before because I really couldn't be bothered. Besides, people that had gripes could usually be dismissed by some fake store policy I managed to rattle off the top of my head. That was until one Monday, when things took a turn for the dramatic.

You ever have one of those days where the first few things you attempt turn to shit? Giving you an ominous feeling that you're whole day is pretty much fucked? Well, this was that day for me.

So I'm running things, a little busier than usual but it's cool. Then this guy comes in. Tall, older cat, black dude. Seems alright, nothing out of the ordinary. Asks me if we sell AT&T prepaid cards. I show him what we have and the different prices. He picks one, looks it over, reads the fine print, buys it and leaves. Done deal, right? NO... wrong...

Dude comes back about ten minutes later and cuts in front of the person I'm helping talkin bout "I can't use this card!" "I need my money back". To this, I tell him to wait a minute while I finish helping this person and I'll see what I can do. He reluctantly agrees and by his whole vibe and body language I suspect dude's gonna get try & get loud. Little does he know who he's dealing with and in the foulest of moods which I'm about to become.

I get to this dude and his "problem". He says he wants his money back cause this card doesn't work. So I ask him for the card and tell him I'll call to verify that the card is valid. I call and get right through to a rep who tells me that these cards can only be used by people with AT&T accounts. The card specifically says this (the one dude was reading so thoroughly before he bought it). Anyway, I begin to explain the situation and show dude where on the card it says that you need an existing account to use this service. He only wants his money back. Now, I could have been cool about this and just hooked it up. However, the card was all dog-eared from the few moments it was purchased and it was not in any shape to be re-sold. When I explained it, dude got LOUD with me in a store that was slowly getting busier with people waiting on me to help them. This is when I got LOUD...

"Listen pal, you looked at the card, asked your questions, bought the thing and basically crumpled the shit out of it when it didn't work. You are not getting your money back. Now leave..."

To this, dude sees I am getting heated and backs off a bit with some bullshit like...

"I had an AT&T account and used to get these cards all the time."

(Basically admitting he fucked up)

To this I say (feeling quite triumphant)

"Well what did you think? That this card was magical portal back to the time when you had this account?"

Dude got angry and started cussing me out. I of course, called security...no going back to jail for me... no thanks...

He left shortly after, leaving me with a store full of shocked Mexicans and homeless people and that all too familiar feeling that yes, I just made a scene....

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

what that all about?

You can't really. Hers actually was a very respectable move, an act of good will rarely seen. There are few circumstances that I would attempt to break up a fight on the street, let alone call out other people from ignoring it.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts

*falls out of chair, climbs back up to the keybaord*

Sigh. Did you really just write that?

One thing's for sure. You are retarded.

Oh my god...I didn't think my story would cause such a reaction. Maybe I didn't think at all I had to know that people call me a nazi after that story. But hey, I'm retarded, so what do you expect...
    I know my remarks against those guys were political incorrect. But I don't say or think such things when I'm sober and in a normal mood. But after this experience in this club, being totally drunk and trying to calm down a aggressive situation and getting covered in somebody else's blood, I WAS JUST PISSED OFF!!! My girl said that she had never seen me so angry and that she did not recognize me at that moment. That pretty much says it all.
    Fatback I ask you: Would you have stepped up and try to get between those guys like I did? Or would you just shit in your pants and watch the scene from a safe place and do nothing?

...and yes I'm from Germany and I know what the turkish workers have done and still do. But I have not dissed and would never diss anybody who works here, I only dissed some fools who don't know how to behave. That's all.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

what that all about?

You can't really. Hers actually was a very respectable move, an act of good will rarely seen. There are few circumstances that I would attempt to break up a fight on the street, let alone call out other people from ignoring it.

That deletion came 4 posts into the thread, before the Turk ish started. I bet it had something to do with the short girl thing

• isn't it funny that everyone gets heated about dude saying some shit like "go back where you came from" but no one has even once mentioned the casual, derogatory use of "gay" and "faggot" in this thread.

selective sensitivity, the fifth element of hip hop.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    isn't it funny that everyone gets heated about dude saying some shit like "go back where you came from" but no one has even once mentioned the casual, derogatory use of "gay" and "faggot" in this thread.

selective sensitivity, the fifth element of hip hop.

Ad*a, you might be going through some tough ish, but u gotta get here fast. Dudes are just slow pitching them over the plate now...C'mon...

isn't it funny that everyone gets heated about dude saying some shit like "go back where you came from" but no one has even once mentioned the casual, derogatory use of "gay" and "faggot" in this thread.

Except for me, a page back ...

• isn't it funny that everyone gets heated about dude saying some shit like "go back where you came from" but no one has even once mentioned the casual, derogatory use of "gay" and "faggot" in this thread.

actually, we're on the same page.

the rampant homophobia is why i stopped reading this site in the first place, and this thread just reminds me i should "go back where i came from"

• chi-chi neighborhood

Can we get a consensus ruling on what the proper spelling of the above italicized adjective is?

I mean, it's pronounced more like "shee shee," but the "chi chi" spelling could work for those from Illinois, or those employed by a certain Mexican food chain.

It's way more of a spoken term than a written one, similar to the controversial "Fittin" (or "fenna," "fend to," or "finna").

Clarity, that's all.

actually, we're on the same page.

the rampant homophobia is why i stopped reading this site in the first place, and this thread just reminds me i should "go back where i came from"

On a related note, Big Stacks list of "band names that make you cringe" was:

Depeche Mode
    Sigue Sigue Sputnik
    Bronski Beat

sorry, sorry...