• BONE THUG, DAWG

• goodie m,awb

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

BONE THUG, DAWG

NATE DOGG

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Hmm...maybe Z-ro?

• thanks everyone!, i was thinking of particular tracks tho'

• RZA as Bobby Digital "Build Strong" (ft. Tekitha)

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    The LL doo-wop track off B.A.D.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Well I, personally, am scandalized that nobody's mentioned Jurassic 5 yet.

I'm fucking scared for my generation. I'm 20, and this garbage is what the supposed "tastemakers" my age think is hip-hop. Most people you meet, you're lucky if they've heard of Jurassic 5 (same dude upping the Busdriver record complained about how unimpressed with J5 he was in '99) Meanwhile they sleep on the promos of Marley Marl productions that lay untouched in our hip-hop library.

Saying, it's scary thinking how average people in my generation concieve of hip-hop. Fuck trying to explain four elements culture, folks don't even know what hip-hop even sounds like. My good friend, hip-hop director at the station, as soon as people found out that she liked hip-hop, the staff stopped talking to her. No joke. Another girl's been playing hip-hop at the station for years, gets the boot because there's "too much student interest in hip-hop."

I know every generation goes through this shit but damn, amazing how a small group of dedicated people basically keep an artform and culture alive.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Did you copy that from Okayplayer or thebreaks.com?

The new STMB.com

• thanks everyone!, i was thinking of particular tracks tho'

would you like us to mix it for you too?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

I'm fucking scared for my generation. I'm 20, and this garbage is what the supposed "tastemakers" my age think is hip-hop. Most people you meet, you're lucky if they've heard of Jurassic 5 (same dude upping the Busdriver record complained about how unimpressed with J5 he was in '99) Meanwhile they sleep on the promos of Marley Marl productions that lay untouched in our hip-hop library.

Saying, it's scary thinking how average people in my generation concieve of hip-hop. Fuck trying to explain four elements culture, folks don't even know what hip-hop even sounds like. My good friend, hip-hop director at the station, as soon as people found out that she liked hip-hop, the staff stopped talking to her. No joke. Another girl's been playing hip-hop at the station for years, gets the boot because there's "too much student interest in hip-hop."

I know every generation goes through this shit but damn, amazing how a small group of dedicated people basically keep an artform and culture alive.

Who was the author of this great piece?

And that memorable response of yours.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

Who was the author of this great piece?

And that memorable response of yours.

Taken out of context, that's mine. Not saying J5 is some mindblowing group, cause they're not in any way (especially lyrically). Nor am I a huge 4-elements person - shit is played out and ridiculous. Just saying that it's scary that so many people my age haven't ever been exposed to hip-hop either conceptualize hip-hop as "that black people music you dance to" or "that new cool busdriver/anticon/nerdcore 'alternative' stuff".

It came directly from my heart!

You've been a bit a thread killer lately, Rillz. Your incendiary shtick needs a remix.

• rappin is......rappin is............rappin is...............FUNDAMENTAL!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

"her middle name is mudbone and on top of all that..."

• NATE DOGG

Ok as a rule one person can not harmoize.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

NATE DOGG

Ok as a rule one person can not harmoize.

• NATE DOGG

Ok as a rule one person can not harmonize.

True, I forgot the multiple personality disorder thing.

• Did you copy that from Okayplayer or thebreaks.com?

Who at Okayplayer writes like that?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Get some old school tapes of

Cold Crush Brothers
    The Treacherous 3 MCs
    The Jazzy 5 MCs
    Fantastic Romantic 5 MCs
    The Force MC's

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Get some old school tapes of

Cold Crush Brothers

The Force MC's

I'm still bugging off the battle between those two crews that Phill Most uploaded in his thanksgiving lesson thread. The Force MCs did their thing on that one.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    goodie m,awb

"Trans DF Express", "6 Minutes", "Rollin' ", "Excalibur"???

Who at Okayplayer writes like that?

Who on that site doesn't?