Kool & The Gang - Live at The Sex Machine

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
IMG src=http://www.dustygroove.com/images/products/k/koolthegang_liveatthe_101b.jpg>man, i finally got a copy of this in the mail today, i'd never heard it till now (im trying to complete my collection of the "good" kool& the gang albums...) and damn, this lp has a really good vibe to it! all the early K&TG albums have a great sound, but this one...just...feels great! anybody with me on this? its kinda blowing me away..

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    No doubt. But Joanna all that early schitt!!!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    No doubt. But Joanna TOO HOT all that early schitt!!!!!

• But what??s with the fake crowd noise in the background? It??s looped up and awful. Weren??t people crazy enough at their shows?

Great album, though, and I like thst cover better than the one on the British press I have.

- J

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    But what??s with the fake crowd noise in the background? It??s looped up and awful. Weren??t people crazy enough at their shows?

Great album, though, and I like thst cover better than the one on the British press I have.

- J

Once you become conscious of hearing the loop of that girl screaming it's hard to ignore it. I love that LP but my knuckles tighten every time she yelps.

• Dope album. I found it at a thrift and it's not in the best of shape, but I'm not going to complain. The whole album is good, but I really like Who's Gonna Take the Weight.

Think I'll give it a listen here in a bit.

• this one...just...feels great! anybody with me on this? its kinda blowing me away..

I think every funk/soul/jazz lover has had the same reaction upon first hearing this one. Pj's has more songs that I tended to skip over, but has N.T. which is one of the best---but between sex machine and s/t---If I could only save one crate of records, from my burning house, probably the s/t one would be in it.

I coulda sent you a copy anytime in the last few years, I've seen spare copies around quite a bit for under $30.