CUTTING UP UNKNOWN GERMAN BREAKS

HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
My man (No Cam'ron) DJ Arok is cutting up some german breaks which are to me unknown but fucking incredible.GERMAN BREAKS VIDEOS Also check his mixtape "Untouchable Rap Jams", he got a snippet in his myspace player. Dope "Random Rap" (who invented this foul name ??) tunes from 86-90PeaceHawkeye

Comments

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    dope
    EURO headz keep m commin

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    are those hella raer breaks? i'm surprised dude's not microwaving shit up. i'm all for keeping it real, but i wouldn't be hacking up my raer just to floss on Myspace.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Nice Stuff...strictly covered labels, haha...

• Yo, Hawk what' up brother! It's funny I was blessed to get my hands on some of those german breaks from my man Dejoe in Berlin. Cannot wait to come back and grab up some more of those german breaks.
    laterz,
    amir

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    are those hella raer breaks? i'm surprised dude's not microwaving shit up. i'm all for keeping it real, but i wouldn't be hacking up my raer just to floss on Myspace.

THAT REAL SCHITT > microwave popcorn

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

THAT REAL SCHITT > microwave popcorn

True indeed. maybe dude's got another set of doubles for each record that he keeps in the archives.

• I can tell you this much:

intro cover of Na na Hey hey is by the Les Humphries Orchestra and Chorus on Ace of Clubs/Telefunken

next break is Charly Antolini's Atomic Drumz, The track is the last on side 2, called Jumping---now, I don't know if dude is rocking reissue's or what, cuz my label is Blue EMI, and his are red. I smell reissue or comp, but whatevs....

don't know the next two...

and then I thought it was Herbolzheimers' Certain Lions and tigers' version of Fever, but I think it's somethin else

His photo off to the left is the rare Blazing Magnum OST.

g'yah, FILL IN THE Breaks strutters

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Well, one of them is

which is eurobin filler, at least where I live. Not and easily replaceable.

intro cover of Na na Hey hey is by the Les Humphries Orchestra and Chorus on Ace of Clubs/Telefunken

Yeah, that one too. Listening to it again, it actually sounds like he's cutting 3-4 different L.Humphries breaks.

Grope would love this

• Go Ask him, he is a nice guy and maybe he is revealing it.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Is this Arok out of Regensburg?
    If he is, I heard him spin at the clubnight of my friends a few month ago. A great DJ.

• @ finelikewine: thanks, mate. was it in augsburg?

concerning the "jumping" break: it isn't the blue EMI label 'cause I didn't want to scratch my EMI copies - so I used a '72 compilation on MFP which is not as easy to get as all of the other records I used on the video (wich are all 1 euro-fleamarket-LP's for sure);
    but nevertheless should be very cheap.

• concerning the "jumping" break: it isn't the blue EMI label 'cause I didn't want to scratch my EMI copies - so I used a '72 compilation on MFP which is not as easy to get as all of the other records I used on the video (wich are all 1 euro-fleamarket-LP's for sure);

cool bro, nevertheless---nice work

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    @ finelikewine: thanks, mate. was it in augsburg?

concerning the "jumping" break: it isn't the blue EMI label 'cause I didn't want to scratch my EMI copies - so I used a '72 compilation on MFP which is not as easy to get as all of the other records I used on the video (wich are all 1 euro-fleamarket-LP's for sure);

no, it was in Weiden at the "Explicit Lyrics" night. The club is called "Nachtexpress".

• wow. i can't get enough of those fast drum breaks and bongos from totally unknown German records. and go b-boys. you're the freshest. really deep into that schitt!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    wow. i can't get enough of those fast drum breaks and bongos from totally unknown German records. and go b-boys. you're the freshest. really deep into that schitt!

In a perfect world, this would be my location.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    wow. i can't get enough of those fast drum breaks and bongos from totally unknown German records. and go b-boys. you're the freshest. really deep into that schitt!

See, I knew you'd love it

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    I heartily endorse any effort to make videos or mpfrees of break-cutting. Can't get enough.

• boast1boast1 142 Posts
    is he rocking doubles?? it is 2007, this shit is pretty much unnecessary now