anyone not wanting to work today?

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Fuck it's 8 degrees out with negative 66 wind chill. I just got back from getting my gums scraped at the denstist and it's Monday. I think I'm going to prtend I'm working and clog up the ss databases.

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Don't you "work" for your Father-in-law?

Seems like you could do whatever you want. Get drunk and masterbate at your desk or something.

You can't get fired.

• In Burbank? Damn, fucked up global warming. It's been a warm breezy last few days up in the SF area.

• I'm not working because of school closings.

Thank you, Winter!

• Drove from Richmond to Philly and back this weekend. I don't want to do shit today. The only problem is I didn't do shit on Friday so now I kind of need to get started. My fianc?? had off today and cleaned the house and is bringing me lunch so I can't really complain.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    PA is much colder at 4:40 A.M. than i care to experience. Note to Dr Joel, they're just phonebooks, get a life.

• It's 0 degrees here with a wind chill of -12, last I heard. However, it's about 44 degrees INSIDE here where I work. Something's wrong with the heating/cooling connections; the A/C keeps coming on. I'm working in an army parka and a beanie.

Brrrrr.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Pussies. Get back to work.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    In Burbank? Damn, fucked up global warming. It's been a warm breezy last few days up in the SF area.

i miss cali

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    In Burbank? Damn, fucked up global warming. It's been a warm breezy last few days up in the SF area.

I live in Sellersville, dawg. Skunk Baxter... my alter-ego is from Burbank.

I heartily endorse working for father in laws. Except the amount of money I make is tied up in how well I reach my goals.... so at work masterbation ='s Lexus repo.

Somebody please buy something in our on-line store, it's been slow today:

https://www.exida.com/exida2/stores/1/

$1000 Data Books

• Here in Milwaukee it's 0 with a -33 Wind Chill. A bunch of schools closed, and my GF doesn't have to go into the office. My office pretty much never closes, so just about everybody showed up today.

I hear you on not wanting to go back after a dental appointment...I had one last week and another next week - first time in 15 years I've had a cavity (2 of them) and I am able to work from home afterwards, which is nice.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    It's cold and dark in London and I have no coat, a headcold, and feel like shit.

I have a bad case of the mondays.

• Pussies. Get back to work.

I'd go home, but I can't leave. Carpooled today.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    im cold and hungover, fuck classes.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    My fianc?? had off today and cleaned the house and is bringing me lunch so I can't really complain.
    you don't belong in this thread.

Here in Milwaukee it's 0 with a -33 Wind Chill. A bunch of schools closed,
    are schools closing just from the extreme cold or snow?

• In Burbank? Damn, fucked up global warming. It's been a warm breezy last few days up in the SF area.

i miss cali

I listened to your Killing Me Softly mixtape a few days ago.

• Between the nine-below-zero weather and the Bears losing the Super Bowl, I wouldn't be surprised if all of Chicago was on hiatus today. (I just stumbled in late myself.)

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

i miss cali

I listened to your Killing Me Softly mixtape a few days ago.

still rocking that? damn. that stuff is to me now

• After a nice nice three-day weekend...the answer is Yes!

• Sick as dog today - don't have to go in to work.

But with the power of the internet I can still work on the website from home. Probably do 2-3 hours on that, catch up on my "to be listened to" pile of records, watch a bootleg DVD, hang out with the cats, take a couple naps, and stay the fuck indoors.

SONIC

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    yep, fighting early stages of a cold.
    stepped outside for coffee this morning and quickly rushed back.
    been laying on the couch reading all morning.
    now afternoon break to warm up soup.
    then back to work- need to finish one book and then read 150 pages on corporate dominance in party politics. and work on another project.

honestly want to just go back to sleep.

but been listening to reggae lp after reggae lp to keep the spirits up.

i miss what winter means down south!

I heartily endorse working for father in laws. Except the amount of money I make is tied up in how well I reach my goals.... so at work masterbation ='s Lexus repo.

$1000 Data Books

lemme get that Boscoe

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

$1000 Data Books

lemme get that Boscoe

How much you offering?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I am shut in today. There is no way I'm interacting with the elements when it is normally 80 degrees in here with the radiators off when it's 30 outside. It's 68 in here with the radiators on blast.

And fuck Rex Grossman.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    blue skies 75 degrees and I'm workign in an office thats more like a hallway with no windows.

combine that with lawyer drama and the weather don't mena shit to me.

Alls I want is my 1000 thread count queen size and a couple bong rips

PS Paris Hilton is a bitch

• PS Paris Hilton is a bitch

Pfffft then she isn't getting a valentine from me this year.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    isn't this just the most PRECIOUS thing you've ever seen???:

B>IT'S BARELY F#CKING 3pm?? WILL THIS F#CKING DAY EVER END!!!!!!!!?? AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!![/b]

(tension breaker. had to be done.)

• I didnt wanna come into work today, its one of my two and half days in the store, and Im sick...but some dude just rolled in with minty still in shrink Grant Greens, OG still in shrink Miles Davis, a buncha those WLP Motown disco 12"s, Terry Calliers, private pressed shit..copped 'em for about 50 cents a piece. Also dude just called to alert me the kind bud drought is over and has 10 grams waitin' for me....glad I came into work!

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    as you know, it's cold as shit in Chicago and i work in an old-ass building. not bad, except we're the floor right above the loading dock, and the floors are mad leaky. there are four or five decent-sized cracks right under my desk, making my feet and legs cold as shit. i could safely refrigerate cold cuts under here. i have my overcoat wrapped over my legs and feet like an old man. this shit this through! not only do i have a super-cold walk home to look forward to, but i'm not even safe from the cold inside. maaan, fuk dat!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Damn, i just gotta go to the studio in burbank. I was gonna bitch about it, but it would just seem innapropriate after this thread.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    this shit this through!
    dude's are gettin delirious.