Salsoul heatery (DFR)

2»

Comments

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Thanks heaps guys. Soem great advice and plenty of stuff for me to keep an eye out for.

Um...

What's this like?

Gaz - sing sing / the good, the bad, the ugly 12"

sing sing has a break I do believe.

some good ones posted so far (obviously). Can't really add, maybe
    You're just the right size, Aurra - Such a Feelin, the infamous Love Break, Edwin Birdsong - Funtaztik

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

Raphael Cameron has an LP on the label from '82 which has a real stepper type vibe to it. I'd highly recommend it if I could remember its title

I have the one from 1980, but I remember that I didn't like it that much. Maybe the one from 1982 is better. You mean this one right?

It's good

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I went through a lot of salsoul 12"s this past fall. I got rid of a lot of titles mention, Skip Mahoney, Moon-boots, cameron, skky, ms. holloway etc.. I know moon-boots was mentioned but I think the more sought after track is the Body to Body Boogie 12" that has MB on the flip.

I know its slim pickens as for what I have left But I know for sure that I have a very nice copy of the Love Break 12". I also have some brenda gooch and cameron 12s possibly more.

Maybe one of those Joe Baatan as well, but just sent one out the other day...I will check if your interested.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    salsoul is like firestone xmas special on the east coast except for the super rarers
    is it like that all over the us?

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=salsoul&x=0&y=0

• And it looks like we've missed the boat on one of the most rare of all Salsoul releases to have been reissued, if you can even call this one a Salsoul release since it went through Rams Horn Records in Holland, September's "Are You Free Tonight." This is like the "Got To Have Your Love" of Salsoul.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    salsoul is like firestone xmas special on the east coast except for the super rarers

I never knew they'd issued those reggae titles--Trinity and Freddie McCay.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Thanks heaps guys. Soem great advice and plenty of stuff for me to keep an eye out for.

Um...

What's this like?

Gaz - sing sing / the good, the bad, the ugly 12"

I like that single, and whole genres have been spun off of the break... but the LP is

I never knew they'd issued those reggae titles--Trinity and Freddie McCay.

That Trinity auction is from the store I work at... assumed I would win it but it went higher than the OG JA

Reads 'Salsa Series' under the logo, and you'd think it would be a boot since there isn't really reference to this 'series' or title existing on Salsoul at all... but as far as I could tell it was legit. Sleeve and pressing quality

Skyy definately put out some killer albums in the 80s that should not be overlooked. Classic brooklyn disco funk.

I haven't gotten around to all of them yet... but I'm thinking at this point they're probably just a singles artist for me...

• TobiTobi 187 Posts

I would also recommend those. Check out "Flakes Rap" and "What Have You Got To Loose" on that Jammers LP.

• TobiTobi 187 Posts

It's good

Ok I have to listen to that one again...

• check revolve at erskinville, they have some salsoul 12"

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    No mention of Surface's - Falling in Love?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Can't forget the G-Funkness of:

finelikewine

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Damn it's weird to read this thread 9 years later and look over at my half a cube of salsoul 12"s in my expedit! I bought the bulk of them following this thread!
    RAJcaithe_dL