Daptone ft. Sharon Jones Meets Bumpshop NYC *6/18*

maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
edited June 2005 in Announcements
Thanks to everyone who came thru last time to witness DJ Spinna go bezerk on those little records w/ the big holes. It was, as Shalamar, and Mase & Blackstreet once sang, a night to remember. This month we got Brooklyn's own new ministers of super heavy duty soulful funk & a special appearance by the first lady of Daptone - who's been known to get on the mic & do her thing sans band. One week from this Saturday, my tri-state strutters.

Comments

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    This coming Saturday. Any tri-state area strutters wishing to get on the comp list, please email: [email]alec@aptwebsite.com[/email], use subject heading, "Bumpshop-Daptone Comp List". Hope to see some of you there.
    Peace,
    Mao

• David_GDavid_G 60 Posts
    rockstargames.com calls it "the stellar Bumpshop monthly"

F-Magazine: "Bumpshop is back in the downstairs lounge this Saturday!"

Kenny Dope raves in the New York Press: "It's a funk party!"

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    missing this shit again..... the killer is that we'll be in town that day. leaving at 11:00 am though.

sugarman and gabe together sounds like it will be super awesome.

• Goin back to Jersey friday night for some R&R but I'm coming back in saturday night just for this.

• LewisLewis Connecticut 101 Posts
    man i was so pissed that i missed the last one... anyway i will be making this one even if i drive in alone. can't wait to see the dap posse serving up the 45's

• paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts

Damn, Jeff. Sounds like a blast.
    If I ain't have to DJ a wedding up in Lake George that day I'd be there most certain.

Go Sox!

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    Thanks to all those who rolled thru last night to witness Gabe ("Kaplan") Roth, Neal ("Al Escobar") Sugarman & Ms. Sharon Jones throw down harder than Boz Scaggs' dirty lowdown.

FYI, Next Bumpshop: Saturday, July 16th, very special guest all the way from Tokyo...
    DJ MURO, King of Diggin'
    Mark your calendars, save the date.
    Will post an official announcement w/ fancy-schmancy Brent Rollins Design Explosion graphics soon-ish.

Go Sawx,
    Mao