anyone/everyone using seratoo please advise

ArtichokeArtichoke 112 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
abridged version:which hardware version of seratoo is the most current? does it come with the most current software? how does one get the most current software updates if it doesnt? Is there another hardware version coming out? where does one start out !?unabridged version:Hello all, ive probably ended up here as much of you have. I started spinning hip hop in the late 80's early 90's. Slowly started collecting the sample source music and fell in love with more obscure funk soul blues etc. I then start buying massive amounts of lps to the point of addiction(sound familiar?) Ive recently been getting a bunch of mp3's of grails that i though i may never hear!! anyway none of my "record buddies/nerds" have a seratoo. So I was wondering how one gets into the seatoo game? any advice/help is much appreciated.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The hardware has never changed since v1.0, save for the Rane TTM-57SL (rane mixer w/integrated Scratchlive hardware)

• how one gets into the seatoo game?

• boast1boast1 142 Posts
    thats nashville.

• please post larger picture of guitar center.

• sorry mang, i just work with what the interwebs spit out at me.

i too am looking to make the Microwave leap, after p-ro tutorial yesterday, i gotta say, im feelin it.

must cop poste haste, and a lappy to run it on.

• Check out the Microwave forum. The biggest advice I can give to you is to use absolute mode right off the bat. Check out their tips and tricks forum and you'll be ready to go.

• the 57 Rane is cool, but it means that you will have to bring your mixer whenever you play out with s.erato...and, at least in my experience, you can't always switch out the house mixer. So I say you are better off just buying the reg s.erato setup. It doesn't come with the latest software but you can download updates for free @ the s.erato forum...

I've been on it for a couple of months and it is great. no complaints at all...

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    buy a Microwave box

it will come with a old version

go to www.scratchlive.net

register

download latest software for free

become the king of the burbs with that shit

simple.

peace.

• use absolute mode right off the bat.

whys that. isnt relative mode the one w/ all the tricks/loops?

ps- does mac vs pc really matter a rats ass on Microwave?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

become the king of the burbs with that shit

ghetto revival

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    use absolute mode right off the bat.

whys that. isnt relative mode the one w/ all the tricks/loops?

ps- does mac vs pc really matter a rats ass on Microwave?

that was bad advice. use relative mode right off the bat, and make cue points (first down beat, snare before vocals come in) where you want to start and finish your blends / where you want to drop it.

mac vs pc doesn't matter, they both work well with Ser[/b]ato. i've been running it for 2 years on an IBM Thinkpad and I'm very happy. just don't have too much going on in the background while Ser[/b]ato is running.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    the 57 Rane is cool, but it means that you will have to bring your mixer whenever you play out with s.erato...and, at least in my experience, you can't always switch out the house mixer. So I say you are better off just buying the reg s.erato setup.
    hadn't thought about that. good point.

now if i can just get my hands on 2 g's.

guitar center credit card maybe?

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    i've been running it for 2 years on an IBM Thinkpad and I'm very happy.

if i may be so bold, urrrrs, as to ask what your laptop's specs are? Processor speed, RAM, hard drive?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    soulstrut need a sperate microwave forum.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i got the same thinkpad as ayres (t42) and i think it came stock at 1.5ghz centrino, 256mb ram, and a 40gb hard drive. i upgraded to 512mb of ram and i can run bit torrent, aim, firefox, and Microwave at the same time without any dropouts.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts
    i got the same thinkpad as ayres (t42) and i think it came stock at 1.5ghz centrino, 256mb ram, and a 40gb hard drive. i upgraded to 512mb of ram and i can run bit torrent, aim, firefox, and Microwave at the same time without any dropouts.

wow. where's the :impressive: graemlin? i'm hearing dudes talking all 2.0Ghz this and 2G RAM that. good to know you can run it with the basics.

• Microwave has very low system requirment, its pretty nice. you dont need a
    laptop top to run it smoothly

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if you want to get a dedicated microwave machine, i recommend a g4 ibook. shit should be more than fine and pretty cheap now