›

blow shit up

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
goddamn i love these explosion photoshttp://www.sarahpickering.co.uk/artilleryfuel air explosionlandminelarge maroonnapalmshellburst dayfireburstground burstsmoke burst

Comments

• Ellen Burstyn

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

Somebody was going to do it eventually, might as well be me.

The only things I ever blew up was a grenade and a claymore mine.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

Somebody was going to do it eventually, might as well be me.

The only things I ever blew up was a grenade and a claymore mine.

my brother was in the Arm Cav and said all his guys were trained to do was blow stufff up and move forward. They got sent back from Iraq quick smart for not getting the checkpoint procedure in the right order.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    those are dope. blowing shit up is what made the ending of Zabriskie Point one of the best.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'm digging the Napalm.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    those are dope. blowing shit up is what made the ending of Zabriskie Point one of the best.
    HAHAHA! Antonioni Blowing Shit Up is also what made 'Blow Up' one of the best.

• those are dope. blowing shit up is what made the ending of Zabriskie Point one of the best.
    HAHAHA!
    Antonioni Blowing Shit Up JANE BIRKIN is also what made 'Blow Up' one of the best.

• My good freind Matt made this indyrock video. Some dope explosions in it.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Have you ever seen the work of Cornelia Parker? She made this piece Cold, Dark Matter: An Exploded View (1991) where she blew up a shed then used the pieces to create this.

here is where you can read about it with your eyes

There were also some great flash movies somewhere on the internet of explosions. You could make them go backwards and fowards, like they were some kind of breathing organic striucture.

• yup, sick shit man.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

I watch this scene once a month. Hell yes Antonioni.

• p.s. I'd love to hear a beat made with the rather intense breakdown in this clip (at the 1:35 mark):

• And now for something completly diffrent.

An Exploding Whale

Enjoy Ms.Damn

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

• yeah i've seen that

weird stuff

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

i'll risk coming off a like a bigger spaz than i must already seem - i could not stop laughing the first time i saw this (luckily in a theatre) because it was so fantastic and surprising and exciting.

and it was was such a nice house!

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts

i'll risk coming off a like a bigger spaz than i must already seem - i could not stop laughing the first time i saw this (luckily in a theatre) because it was so fantastic and surprising and exciting.

and it was was such a nice house!

And how many cameras were on it, 20?
    It definitely has the chuckle factor. I think the whole film was just a vehicle for Antonioni to blow shit up and have a massive desert orgy. An idea outlet that would fly over well with some hip youth culture shit attached.

The exploding Americana is so unreal, and Pink Floyd is actually SHREDDING. The exploding bookshelf...mmmmmm...

• special efx test for the new Will Smith movie "I Am Legend" in WSP: