party tunes that have been making people dance

autezautez 404 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
what are some party tunes youve been playing that have been making people dance recently? i know thats kind of broad, i just started djing a little while ago and i need some more songs to practice with. looking for more on the classic/older rap end, but i'm open to newer stuff and other genres too.

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Lost Cawz, Goldie Alexander and Ballin Jack. IN THAT ORDER.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Donald Byrd "Where Are We Going" gets the party started off RIGHT, son!

• You should find a good online record store and peruse their hip-hop section. You'll definitely find some great party and non-party tracks. Also, you'll expand your knowledge way more than any post on here ever could.
    Check out some mixes too.
    All the great dj's on here didn't become great because they constantly asked other people what they should play. They went out and found it themselves. I've found that seeking out stuff on your own is a much more rewarding process.
    Best of luck.

• You should find a good online record store and peruse their hip-hop section. You'll definitely find some great party and non-party tracks. Also, you'll expand your knowledge way more than any post on here ever could.
    Check out some mixes too.
    All the great dj's on here didn't become great because they constantly asked other people what they should play. They went out and found it themselves. I've found that seeking out stuff on your own is a much more rewarding process.
    Best of luck.

• I was DJing a party for the Asian Students association at my school (Carnegie Mellon). Think maad asian frat boys, asian sorority girls, and akward white guys. 1:30 the crowd is pretty liquored up and my friend throws on DMX-Up In Here. One refrain of the cheezy synth riff and a huge cheer of recognition rises from the crowd, and everyone starts jumping around spastically, chanting the lyrics: "YALL GON MAKE ME LOSE MY MIND! UP IN HERE! UP IN HERE!" It was awesome in the nerdiest way possible. Although it wasn't as weird as when the asian sorority had us throw on "I Like That" at exactly 1am. They danced into the room in a line and did a choreographed dance in the middle of the club to the whole song. I thought that kind of schitt only happened in movies.

• Truman Thomas "25 Miles"(Veep)

• You should look into the re-edits classics series for older, classic rap. They have extended 8 bar instrumental intros and outros for easier mixing.