Who killed hip-hop?

2»

Comments

• Does anyone remember(back in the day) Mtv having a funeral for the word "def"?

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The level of one-line discourse on this thread is astounding.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Who killed hip-hop?

A single shoryuken followed by a flurry of hadoukens.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    this thread is JUST AS [/b] annoying as all the elise threads...or even more.

Please, please, make it stop.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    In terms of pure entertainment, this has been a pretty good week for SoulStrut.

• this thread is JUST AS [/b] annoying as all the elise threads...or even more.

Please, please, make it stop.

This is what happens with all these overnight sensations. The rise to fame so fast, its all too much.

The irony up in here is palpable!

• Does anyone remember(back in the day) Mtv having a funeral for the word "def"?

i remember that shit. corny, as i recall.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Does anyone remember(back in the day) Mtv having a funeral for the word "def"?

It actually was Rick Rubin who had a funeral for the word "def" which coincided with the dropping of the word "Def" from his record company "Def America/American."

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Does anyone remember(back in the day) Mtv having a funeral for the word "def"?

It actually was Rick Rubin who had a funeral for the word "def" which coincided with the dropping of the word "Def" from his record company "Def America/American."

And Russell released a statement about how "Def" might have been a fad for Rick, but it was a lifestyle for him.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's dope.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Man, BATMON, you're killin it...you're a genius! Who would of thought of that?! Man, that is so original! Jesus, these people have no idea who they are up against!
    Watch out for your boy, BATMON! He's a killer!

Sensitive?