PEANUT BUTTER WOLF's (Very 1st Vinyl Release!)

DJxREMARKABLEDJxREMARKABLE 53 Posts
edited February 2007 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
i have a copy of Peanut Butter Wolf's VERY FIRST vinyl release available for trade. it was released on PMR (Political Movement Records) in 1989/1990. the title of the record isLYRICAL PROPHECY - "You Cant Swing This"[/b] there were only 500 copies made.you can read about it here on the Stones Throw Websitewhere Peanut Butter Wolf talks about this record release.ill post pics of the record later.hit me with a private message if interested.DJ REMARKABLE

Comments

• mp3 preview would be appreciated!

• mp3 preview would be appreciated!

the record is UNPLAYED and in Mint+ condition.
    im planning on keeping it that way just in case
    somebody wants it in that condition.
    if i get enough requests, maybe ill record some samples
    of each track and post them on here

• Mint+ condition.

• PEANUT BUTTER WOLF: "while still in college, I put out my first record ("You Can't Swing This" by Lyrical Prophecy) with a label called PMR Records. It was run by Kim Collett, who DJed with me at the local radio station (KSJS). I got my dad to pitch in $500 to get the thing released, making me a part owner in the label. We only pressed 500 copies, never mastered it, cut and pasted the artwork, and didn't even know you could sell them to a distributor. We gave some copies away to our friends and family and local radio stations and sold some to the local stores. After all that, we still had about half of the records leftover. But our goal was to make a record and we had reached it! We were local heros. Who would ever think a group from San Jose, California could put out their own hip hop record?"[/b]

• by the way, im looking to TRADE for this 1989 Bay Area release...

I.G.O. POSSE - "Hump The Place" b/w "Droppin Lines" (12")[/b]

let me know if youre interested in trading. thanks.

• ha, that's funny...I got that I.G.O record (not for trade tho)...my homie made that one. weird all the recent interest, the one on ebay went CRAZY

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    ha, that's funny...I got that I.G.O record (not for trade tho)...my homie made that one. weird all the recent interest, the one on ebay went CRAZY

Something is telling me that all these old bay area records are gonna start firing through the roof on eBay pretty soon...

• if i cant make a successful trade on this site, i might just put it up for sale on eBay. but yeah, i hope alot more Bay Area vinyl gets listed on eBay real soon. ive seen alot of people selling huge collections of Hip Hop/Rap vinyl records to local record stores for dirt cheap. listing stuff on eBay takes waayy too much time.

but anyways, heres a complete list of stuff im looking to trade for...

MY WANTLIST[/b]
    - BLACK DYNASTY ??? ???Deep East Oaklnd Remix??? [/b](12??? white label promo)
    - CLOUD NINE - any title[/b] (12")
    - FAT KEV - any title[/b] (LP or 12")
    - G-SMOOV ??? ???2U Made???[/b] (LP)
    - IGO POSSE - "Hump The Place"[/b] (12")
    - KHAYREE & LUUVA TWINS ??? ???Hubba Head???[/b] (12???)
    - MACK LEW ??? ???Living Up To My Rep???[/b] (LP)
    - MAFIOSOS ??? ???Levels of The Game???[/b] (12???)
    - MAFIOSOS ??? any title[/b] (LP or 12???)
    - MOROCCO MOE ??? ???Task???[/b] (12???)
    - NAKIA ??? ???Cruzin???[/b] (12???)
    - PLAYA JU - "Young Ass Playa"[/b] (LP)
    - RTD - any title[/b] (12???)
    - STREET THUGS - "Not To Be Fucked With"[/b] (LP or 12")
    - TUCOLE - "Deeper Than You Think"[/b] (CD or LP)
    - YOUNG WOO - "Annas Boy"[/b] (CD, LP or 12")
    - Y-D - "Give It Up To The Gs"[/b] (LP or 12")

most of these are Bay Area Rap titles from the early to mid 90's.

• Is Cloud Nine really on vinyl?
    I've had the Cd's but ne'er seen wax.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    whattup remar! haven't seen you for hella days dude.

• Is Cloud Nine really on vinyl?
    I've had the Cd's but ne'er seen wax.

i remember seeing their same weed logo on a 12" record before that said C9 on it. i wasnt sure if it was Cloud Nine or not so i never picked it up. and i talked to one of the producers of that album and he said Cloud Nine released a few 12" promos, but never got back to me with more info on it.

• whattup remar! haven't seen you for hella days dude.

hey wsup. havent seen you at "THE SPOT" for a long time. you still go? hit me up with a phone call...or ill call you up in a few days to see wsup.

• i still have this record available. if you dont have anything on my wantlist...just offer me something (bay area hip hop/rap related). ill even trade for rare Bay cds or cassette tapes.

• this record is now unavailable...
    i just sold it to some guy in Japan