summer debate

mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
O.K. summer???s here and the heat is rising so.. the other day me and the Mrs. had this debate???Is it better to transport records in the dark trunk or in the car with the air conditioning on??????.Please disscuss

Comments

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I gotta move all my records and it's a long drive.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Depends on if the car will be parked. If so I'd use the trunk. If not I'd go with air conditioning and a blanket to block direct sunlight.

If only I could fit my records into a trunk, last time I moved was hell. I had to rent a truck mostly for the records. Carrying approx. 20 boxes of records down 3 flights of stairs is no way to spend the day.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Buy two thermometers, put one in the trunk and one in the car, drive around during the hottest part of the day; compare temps periodically.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    rey is straight scientifical with this ish!!!!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I've done an experamint with my trunk. It was a heat wave - 100 or so all week, so I put a crate of shitty records in there & left it alone. Nothing warped. I was amazed.

Direct sunlight is probably the worst thing for records.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Thanks yeah I'm moving 13 crates but I'm gonna have to do multiple trips.. I would like to do all records myself without using the truck last time we moved a couple crates got punked in the truck (Damn Sofa)

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    rey is straight scientifical with this ish!!!!!

propers due

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I've done an experamint with my trunk. It was a heat wave - 100 or so all week, so I put a crate of shitty records in there & left it alone. Nothing warped. I was amazed.

Direct sunlight is probably the worst thing for records.

Big up on the help

I'm not even kiding I had a record warp on the way home from the thrift store in this heat last year!
    I am not trying to have any more victims

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    Carrying approx. 20 boxes of records down 3 flights of stairs is no way to spend the day.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

sorry

i just packed about 45 boxes of records. then i remmbered i had some clothes, books and other shit. God help me!

• mimmim 44 Posts
    i was once coming back home from the a week long summer gig. i played some music on the film festival on the south coast. so i had to pack a few hundred records in the trunk. there were people on the back seets so i didn't really have a choice... i didn't like that because i was aware of the worst case scenario, and it was someone hitting my car from behind.

well, maybe there is some truth in believing that bad thoughts make worst case scenarios happen, so i may be the one to blame, but someone did crash into my trunk that day. fortunately the records survived but i don't want ro relive that five seconds of rushing to the trunk to check the damage...

records in the front seat from now on:) hm, covered with something to avoid direct sunlight..

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i was once coming back home from the a week long summer gig. i played some music on the film festival on the south coast. so i had to pack a few hundred records in the trunk. there were people on the back seets so i didn't really have a choice... i didn't like that because i was aware of the worst case scenario, and it was someone hitting my car from behind.

well, maybe there is some truth in believing that bad thoughts make worst case scenarios happen, so i may be the one to blame, but someone did crash into my trunk that day. fortunately the records survived but i don't want ro relive that five seconds of rushing to the trunk to check the damage...

records in the front seat from now on:) hm, covered with something to avoid direct sunlight..

I once picked up an organ (EKO Tiger) for a friend of mine and had to go from Frankfurt to Stuttgart. The organ was in the trunk when a Ford crashed into my trunk. I was hit real hard, but the organ survived without a damage. And there were some records in the trunk as well. Nothing damaged.

Direct sun is the worst thing. I left records in my trunk while it had 100??. No problem.