So Radio Mixshow dj's?

matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
How much do y'all get paid? I always wondered about this but never bothered asking the ones that I knew back in the days. Do the stations show you guys love or do you do it just for the benefits? (free music,easier to get high profile club gigs, etc.)

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    How much do I get paid?

Campus/community radio pays a grand total of ZERO. We do this out of love!

There were decent perks in Montreal, but there are none at my current station. Now if you're hiphop and into pilfering from the library, the perks are many...

• TruthTruth 50 Posts
    for love and fun of it!! pure and simple.

• oops i meant how much do YOU get paid?

I guess I just mean the dj's on Commercial radio..Your hot 97s and stations like that. I already know college radio dj's get zero dollars.

• There were decent perks in Montreal, but there are none at my current station. Now if you're hiphop and into pilfering from the library, the perks are many...

Man stealing from college radio stations is pretty low. Most of them have budgets smaller than what some of you guys spend on sneaks in a year.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    There were decent perks in Montreal, but there are none at my current station. Now if you're hiphop and into pilfering from the library, the perks are many...

Man stealing from college radio stations is pretty low. Most of them have budgets smaller than what some of you guys spend on sneaks in a year.

You're missing the joke. This is the stuff of classic soulstrut beef threads. Someone will say "stealing records from college radio stations is more hiphop than hiphop" and someone else will say "stealing records from college readio stations is the moral equivalent of killing babies for giggles".