LIVE CONVENTION 77-79

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
http://music.rushhour.nl/store_detailed.php?item=38576http://www.myspace.com/goldenreaalAnybody cop this yet? If so, how you lovin' it? From what I hear of the soundclips I don't really like how they amped up the music- woulda rather had it in it's pure, undiluted form, bad sound quality or not. The vocals still sound raw and it's not really matching the louder, cleaner breakbeats. But I guess it's cool so that the younger generation will hopefully be able to appreciate it a little easier.

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    the more i listen to the clips on myspace, the faker this schitt is seeming. Like it's just some put together schitt...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    weird i am listening to it right now.

is it real schitt?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    "the original breaks were placed underneath the vocals again to get the best possible soundquality."

NAGL

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    the more i listen to the clips on myspace, the faker this schitt is seeming. Like it's just some put together schitt...

Does anyone find the back story believable?

At a liquidation auction in Newark (NJ), Jay of Golden Reaal buys the entire inventory of a former record store with the purpose of reselling the most wanted soul & funk items in the UK. Part of the lot is a number of boxes with dusty reel-to-reels which look as if they have sat there since the 80's. One box comes with artwork for an apparently unreleased album and a hand-written producer royalty contract. Jay also discovers five test pressings which are labelled 'Live Convention 77-79 volume A'. Aware that he may have discovered one of hip hop's holy grails, a predecessor of the legendary Live Convention albums, he calls up his partner who proceeds to inspect the reels and finds out that this is the real deal!

• remember when slammin records and charlie chase re-released the CC4 vs FR5 at harlem world battle? doesn't sound good at all with the overdubbed breaks.
    I listened to the soundclips and it sounds okay to me but what do I know trying to listen on my laptop speakers....

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    this schitt is a fraud

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    this schitt is a fraud

literally or figuratively?

• woulda rather had it in it's pure, undiluted form, bad sound quality or not

• woulda rather had it in it's pure, undiluted form, bad sound quality or not

Totally agree, this sounds like

• remember when slammin records and charlie chase re-released the CC4 vs FR5 at harlem world battle? doesn't sound good at all with the overdubbed breaks.
    I listened to the soundclips and it sounds okay to me but what do I know trying to listen on my laptop speakers....

Yeah, I got that CC4 vs FR5 thing on vinyl. The re-recording of the music kind of sucks but I got it mostly because of the historic nature of the rhymes themselves. I'd still just prefer to hear the original thing even if the sound quality isn't great. The sound quality of Robert Johnson records isn't great either but they're historical and just as powerful.

remember when slammin records and charlie chase re-released the CC4 vs FR5 at harlem world battle? doesn't sound good at all with the overdubbed breaks.

Yeah, I got that CC4 vs FR5 thing on vinyl. The re-recording of the music kind of sucks but I got it mostly because of the historic nature of the rhymes themselves. I'd still just prefer to hear the original thing even if the sound quality isn't great. The sound quality of Robert Johnson records isn't great either but they're historical and just as powerful.

You mean you wouldn't prefer Eddie Van Halen overdubs?

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

• I'd still just prefer to hear the original thing even if the sound quality isn't great. The sound quality of Robert Johnson records isn't great either but they're historical and just as powerful.

I posted it up here a while ago...it came out on wax 2 times and was also on cd.
    I'll see if it's still on my cpu and I'll post it up again.

• You mean you wouldn't prefer Eddie Van Halen overdubs?

Now you're makin me feel real bad about my latest home recording project.
    Fie, hatter, fie!

So what's the cold dill pickle with this thing Dusty Groove is pushing:

Afrika Bambaataa -- Death Mix 2 Live ... 12-inch
    Paul Winley, 1980 Condition: New Copy.... $6.99

Sweet! Not a redux of the classic old school Bambaataa mix, but an unreleased mix from back in the day, dug deep out of Paul Winley's vaults! Revisit the block party beat and break mix days in the unstoppably eclectic Bamabaataa style, with two sidelong jams pasted together on a pair of turntables that'll make you feel like busting out those fat laces and Cazals! 2 sides of never before released genius from true pioneer! (Comes in plain sleeve with a sticker cover. Please note: some copies of this arrived from the warehouse with a slight warp, but play fine for us.)

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    death mix 2 wtf

death mix 2 wtf

"Sweet!"--that's wtf.

• Sweet! Not a redux of the classic old school Bambaataa mix, but an unreleased mix from back in the day, dug deep out of Paul Winley's vaults! Revisit the block party beat and break mix days in the unstoppably eclectic Bamabaataa style, with two sidelong jams pasted together on a pair of turntables that'll make you feel like busting out those fat laces and Cazals! 2 sides of never before released genius from true pioneer! (Comes in plain sleeve with a sticker cover. Please note: some copies of this arrived from the warehouse with a slight warp, but play fine for us.)

barf