your best dollar bin find?

13»

Comments

• Records over here seldom costs a dollar or less but I was once giving a mintish copy of Monica Zetterlunds "waltz for Debby" from a guy who works in a recordshop.

That was cool.

Dress

• Roy Merriwether "Nubian Lady"
    Rusty Bryant "Fire Eater"
    Ivan "Boogaloo" Jones "Sweetback"

for free...spent my dollar on a soda.

• The most valuable record I found for a dollar was the first pressing of the first Rush LP.

My favorite dollar record:

http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4720085731

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts

How is this?

The flip is where it's at with "i wanna get into you", a nice cut that darge comped, but it was too tempting to just flip this for $$$ when i found that[/b] out

You sold it at the right time too, cause not too long ago the artist started selling his own stock of it for cheap. I think he's all out of the 45 now, but I doubt it will ever reach the $500 mark again.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

How is this?

The flip is where it's at with "i wanna get into you", a nice cut that darge comped, but it was too tempting to just flip this for $$$ when i found that[/b] out

i bought this for .50 at PCC last year and flipped it for $4-600? its been so long i cant even remember how much i got for it on ebay.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    I found this about a 30 sec. walk from my place. it was in the dollar bin of a vintage furniture spot that also has records. My copy is sealed with the top right corner cut off.

Ill post some more schit later......

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I found this about a 30 sec. walk from my place. it was in the dollar bin of a vintage furniture spot that also has records. My copy is sealed with the top right corner cut off.

Zygotic!

• That is dope, didn??t know there was a 45 of this one. Australian you say?

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

Zygotic!

you lost me faux..

• My best was just last weekend

What could it be?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

top right it the illest corner cut. PS for the longest time I thought this was some Cherman shit due to it always being on a wantlist with Ege Bamyasi.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Wow, he really takes the "naked" part seriously. Never seen that record before. Real nice music. Lo-fi homegrown cosmic jazz/funk weirdness that would fit in with the waxidermist folks too.

Too many good 5/10 kr. (? a dollar) finds over the years to mention, but Stark Reality would be one of them.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

top right it the illest corner cut. PS for the longest time I thought this was some Cherman shit due to it always being on a wantlist with Ege Bamyasi.

I think this is a great record. not your kinda thing?

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

mine was free, and mint

and tons of other shit

• $4

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    The Counts - What's Up Front

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Ones that come to mind:  

Stark Reality
    Vickie Baines - Country Girl
    Bill Mason - Gettin' Off
    Conversations With The Silhouettes (twice)
    Bad Roads - Blue Girl
    Roy Ayers - He's Coming
    Minx OST
    TONS of Random Rap and Obscure Disco

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Not a Soulstrut kind of record, but I got this for 99 cents in a store in Albuquerque NM years ago. First release on Revelation Records, a big deal to the hardcore kids:

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Homegrown Syndrome .50
    cecil Washington and the group .50 (ask Ron Wade)

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

By far, it is:

I paid $7 for it back in 1989 to a record seller at Raleigh, North Carolina's Dorton Arena.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak
    ketan

• The BizarreThe Bizarre San Francisco, CA 23 Posts
    Like most folks on here, too many to count. But this one ranks up there pretty high! Bought at a Garage Sale for a buck and had no idea what it was at the time. It was actually a really early score for me when I knew practically nothing about records. I remember finding some funky shit on it, breaks, etc. It reminded me of a funkier, lower budget Steely Dan and I liked it but was just digging for a different sound at that time in my life (pun intended). Sampled it, filed it and forgot about it. Several years, 3 moves and many records later it was buried deep in a crate and I had completely forgotten about it. Started digging back through my own collection one rainy day, pulled this out and listened again - mind blown. I thought to myself, I wonder if this goes for some money? ha ha. 

Favorite cut: 

Big_StacksRAJ

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Sure this topic has come up before on the Strut, but a personal favourite was Jef Gilson & Hal Singer Soul Of Africa for free from a charity shop after I sorted the wheat from the chaff for them.