your best dollar bin find?

Comments

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

As my first dig

Just a great album

• i honestly really only spend a dollar on any record, my town is not tight with competition for collectors, i can honestly take my time here where i live.

i have found too many records in while shopping to list, some are great records for me to cherish and listen to while others have me gleaming because i know i can sell them on ebay.

i honestly had to chill because of space, i only try to shop once or twice a month now but probably still bring home the same amount.

i even have one shop that will take all the stuff i dont want that i find at other places....as i am not a blues collector so after gathering up alot of blues 45s i simply bring them to this lady at an old ma & pa second hand shop who claims her customers want them.

there are some good things about living in smaller city

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    i honestly really only spend a dollar on any record, my town is not tight with competition for collectors, i can honestly take my time here where i live.

i have found too many records in while shopping to list, some are great records for me to cherish and listen to while others have me gleaming because i know i can sell them on ebay.

i honestly had to chill because of space, i only try to shop once or twice a month now but probably still bring home the same amount.

i even have one shop that will take all the stuff i dont want that i find at other places....as i am not a blues collector so after gathering up alot of blues 45s i simply bring them to this lady at an old ma & pa second hand shop who claims her customers want them.

Ctrl+T, http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Eastside+216&btnG=Google+Search

• i honestly really only spend a dollar on any record, my town is not tight with competition for collectors, i can honestly take my time here where i live.

and?

sure you guys can come here, shit, i might even take you to some non phone booklisted spots in the hood...all mom 7 pop second hand stores, shit coes in on the daily!!

but which of those 216 eastsides is it? hmm?

• Are we talking only about dollar bins in record stores? I paid a buck or less for these, but they were at thriftstores and flea markets..

Dollar bin scores are always the best.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Flea market finds:

• $1 thrift find,

• last week...

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

my best was bob french "y'er comes the funky man" 45 that i copped for a dime. it went to good use for the katrina auction on here.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

Thrift come up $.50.
    The competition around here is brutal, so dollar bins are pretty picked over.
    I barely even bother.
    Although I'm waiting for some other 206'ers to chime in....
    And tell me all the stuff I missed!

I've had quite a few of these over the years...

The cheapest being the one I scored from a guy on the street
    with a box of records, who couldn't sell to a local shop (no ID).
    Bought more than 20 records for 20 bucks.
    A bunch of Roy Ayers, Eugene McDaniels etc.

• last week...

I also found a mint copy of the Leroy Vinnegar LP for $1 at a junk store in Waterford, NY.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

you found a carleen&dudes in the field... and ended up sellin it?

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

How is this?

The flip is where it's at with "i wanna get into you", a nice cut that darge comped, but it was too tempting to just flip this for $$$ when i found that out

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

you found a carleen&dudes in the field... and ended up sellin it?

actually traded it.... ................. I'm fine with the loud reissue 12".

• all one dollar each from one spot on one day

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    literally just $1:

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=4744802202

^^^ yup, that was my auction but I took the pic down already, so thats someon else's pic. Rey and a few others have me beat but that's my best return on a single LP thus far.

...another great dollar find, I think I might have paid the guy $2 though:

http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildatar.php?itemnr=4066932422

^^^bidder was a deadbeat so I still have it for sale....

• 1619 badass band for fifty cents and
    recreation of the gods (3 different times)

whatever. this is stupid

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    1619 badass band for fifty cents and
    recreation of the gods (3 different times)

whatever. this is stupid

true
    what's really is the girl that just called lol

nah the best scores are like the ones that average out to like 2 cents per record lol

• - The Whole Darn Family - The Whole Darn Family Has Arrived
    - Pink Floyd - s/t on Tower
    - Wiso Pagan - Wiso Boogaloo (obscure latin bugalu, NOT on one of the "usual suspect" labels like Speed or Fania - anybody heard of this?)
    - Shirley & Lee - Let The Good Times Roll (on Imperial)
    - General Crook - s/t on Wand
    - Del Vikings on Mercury (the one where it's like a bird's-eye view of five men sitting around a studio mic, all wearing newsboy caps...titled something like The Singing, Swinging Del Vikings At A Recording Session)
    - Frut - Keep On Truckin' (on Westbound - hilariously inept Detroit band doing their take on '50s rock, ca. 1971)
    - Dead Boys - We Have Come For Your Children
    - James Brown - Super Bad (actually found this in a thrift store!)

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    this was seriously $1.
    i'm not lying.
    possibly the rarest private press disco funk known.
    so known amongst realheadz it's virtually unknown

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    this thread makes me jealous

• puppup 133 Posts
    4th Coming "Dead Don't Die Alive" for 50 cents.

...but I did score a Montgomery Movement lp sealed for $5. Exceedes the $1 limit, but still a find and a half for a song.

• It's pretty hard in France to find LP records less than 1$, even in flea markets, it's more like 2 or 3 euros.

My best finds are:
    HARLEM POP TROTTERS 1 euro
    UMILIANI PERCUSSIONS 1 euro (the best from a lot with numerous others libraries.. well, does that count?)
    SUPSONIC 1 euro
    SALAMBOS 50cents
    PLATANO SPLIT 1 euro
    LUCIFER&CO 1 euro
    LES MASQUES 45 1 euro
    JEU DE MASSACRE OST 20cents
    PETE BROWN & PIBLOKTO thousands on a raft LP (without cover) 20cents
    PYRANHA SOUNDS 50cents

• An OG Brena & The Tabulations LP. It has this cover image but a different title.

• - Wiso Pagan - Wiso Boogaloo (obscure latin bugalu, NOT on one of the "usual suspect" labels like Speed or Fania - anybody heard of this?)

Got it! Peter Gunn is the track on that record, the rest f it is pretty average. I don't think he has anything else on La Flor, actually I haven't seen any other records on that label period. Wiso has another album on the Mary Lou label that is ok, but straight ahead latin, no boogaloo.

• FREE LAST NIGHT

ARE U.T.F.O SPLIT PERSONALITY,FRESH 3 MC,D.J. CHUCK CHILLOUT AND COOL CHIP,THE SEQUENCE,FUNKEY 4,JUST ICE,BLACK MOON