Auctioning Native American Artifacts...

2»

Comments

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

According to my dad, prior to the purchase/sale of the property, the Bureau of Indian Affairs/Miwok tribe removed a number of artifacts from the property, so I'm guessing it is a known site.

Well, if thats the case, and the tribe already had an opportunity to take what they'd like from the site, I personally can't see an ethical issue with just seeing what you can get for what you've found. At least they'll have no legal claim as they clearly already made some sort of agreement regarding the site. Perhaps you can see if the Miwoks have any interest in purchasing the items.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Perhaps you can see if the Miwoks have any interest in purchasing the items.

Does anyone remember the Wonderdog episode where Simon Barsinister plans to steal the peacepipe from the indians and then sell it back to them for a million dollars?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Does anyone remember the Wonderdog episode where Simon Barsinister plans to steal the peacepipe from the indians and then sell it back to them for a million dollars?

Hee hee. At least when the tribe I work for buys something, they're spending money handed to them by gamblers.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Perhaps you can see if the Miwoks have any interest in purchasing the items.

Does anyone remember the Wire episode where Omar steals the shipment from the co-op and then sells it back to Prop Joe and them?

• Rich45sRich45s 327 Posts
    Anyone have experience selling old Native American artifacts?

The property that I live on has yielded some interesting things...

eBay's policy is pretty straightforward, but apparently a lot of legal items get pulled anyway due to complaints from various groups and what not. This seller drops some knowledge in his item descriptions--what else should I know/consider?

I can't work out whether that seller's items are authentic or whether his disclaimer about having to state that his stock is reproduction is bogus.

This is where Toolhaus comes in

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=antiques67&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

And it says FAKE