New York City

BusCrates78BusCrates78 159 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
possibly heading for New York at the beginning of April. I don't know how, but I'm going to do it. I need to get out of this city.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

"This Isnt the city your looking for."

"Move Along"

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

"Move Along"

haha was gonna post something sarcastic about the charmed life here. BusCrates78??? that means you are already too old to make it here. You'll want really crazy things like a room with means of egress or a sink in your bathroom. Or even a bathroom period. It'll fuck up the balance of nature for the rest of us.

• "This Isnt the city your looking for."

"Move Along"

haha was gonna post something sarcastic about the charmed life here. BusCrates78??? that means you are already too old to make it here. You'll want really crazy things like a room with means of egress or a sink in your bathroom. Or even a bathroom period. It'll fuck up the balance of nature for the rest of us.

Word, I figured someone would say that.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

"Move Along"

And remember, you don't "move out" of NYC, you "fail"

• "This Isnt the city your looking for."

"Move Along"

And remember, you don't "move out" of NYC, you "fail"

ha! too true.

• And remember, you don't "move out" of NYC, you "fail"

Sounds like Silicon Valley, You move here for the weather, only to have the valley kick your ass.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    possibly heading for New York at the beginning of April. I don't know how, but I'm going to do it. I need to get out of this city.

all the girls in Williamsburg wear flowers in their hair. go there.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

Yeah, plus you can get pabst blue ribbon, a moustache, and denim tights.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts

You are basically talking about every white neighborhood in the country.

Most people who talk about Williamsburg have been there once on a Sunday afternoon with their grandma and then bought some overpriced kniknaks near the Bedford Ave stop.

If you can lose your hipster and scratch beneath the surface you will find that 95% of strutter are not real enough to hang in the 11211. Truth.

let me use this one correctly.... plus Vicemag did an article on it so the rest of you can find out too.

I hate certain elements as much more than the next guy but there's crews from round there that have been round longer than the Royal Shakespeare Company and that needs to be learned.

• possibly heading for New York at the beginning of April. I don't know how, but I'm going to do it. I need to get out of this city.

You are basically talking about every white neighborhood in the country.

Most people who talk about Williamsburg have been there once on a Sunday afternoon with their grandma and then bought some overpriced kniknaks near the Bedford Ave stop.

If you can lose your hipster and scratch beneath the surface you will find that 95% of strutter are not real enough to hang in the 11211. Truth.

let me use this one correctly.... plus Vicemag did an article on it so the rest of you can find out too.

I hate certain elements as much more than the next guy but there's crews from round there that have been round longer than the Royal Shakespeare Company and that needs to be learned.

yeah man, I think I read that vice article, or maybe it was a village voice article basically talking about the history of the neighborhood and how all the hipsters greedy landlords renting out to hipsters are pushing out all the locals that have lived there for generations.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    It's OVERinvestment that has basically fucked Wburg, and I've been saying this for years... there will be no benefit to the neighborhood. The bubble grows, it becomes too expensive for most people, bubble bursts due to cyclical nature of Wall St and the fact that Real Estate has been the only "sure thing" since the dotcom boom, and so you are left with thousands of sq ft of overpriced space. And you can already see the skeletons of condos that will never be finished around McCarren Park. And of course development is totally in the hands of the private sector so the basic infrastructure like electricity, subways, school, etc, is crumbling to bits, kind of like the rest of NYC.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I haven't seen that much of Williamsburg, so I can't really speak on it as a whole. But, I've definitely been beyond a ten block radius of Bedford, and I haven't seen much besides uber-hipsters. What kind of crews are you talking about?

The thing is though, not many people can afford to live in lower Manhattan anymore. A lot of foreign money is pouring in, and it forces people that can no longer afford a spot on the island to go one or two spots into Brooklyn. While we could be in the midst of a cycle that will leave people moving back into Manhattan--and out of Brooklyn--there is also a chance that there is a larger trend at work, in which we will see lot more foreigners moving into lower Manhattan. It's really a matter of how elastic the city is, and how much foreign money will contribute to that elasticity.

• fuck it, i'm moving to QUEENS!