Record Collecting Withdrawal Symptoms

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Granted I've bought a record here and this past half year, I've considerably cut back on the amount of records I've bought. Mainly because my system needs to be fixed, plus I'm trying to save money. But the past couple days, I've just NEEDED to buy something on ebay and have been like an addict scouring Ebay looking for that grail to buy. I could barely focus on school work right now....If I self-diagnose myself, one could probably say that record collecting like drinking or smoking weed, or having sex could become a compulsive habit no? If you splash money, it's instant gratification.

Comments

• too much of ANYTHING is bad.
    peace, stein. . .

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    TRUE.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    fixing your system would be a good move - I've been on bit of a buying hiatus because I wanted to upgrade my set up, cue some B&W 602's and now awaiting delivery of a perreaux pre & power amp combo. If you invest as much time, money and love in music as most of the heads on here then you might as a well have a good rig to enjoy it on.

the other part is actually listening to everything that you already have, at least once! it can be a struggle ..

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    I go through that every now and then, the dry spells are schnels.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Went on a 5 month withdrawl and before that about a 4 month withdrawl... but finally broke that a couple weeks ago. What's harder for me is that I'm trying to downsize right now - need to unload a couple hundered records or so (am moving and won't have the space) and what's hard is letting go of some records - why is it so difficult!