Marantz Tech?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Just picked up a 2240B and a 2325 receiver this weekend @ way below "market" prices. 1st of all they sound and the low end has some serious kick. Shits on the semi high end technics surround receiver I've had since 99.Anyway the only problem is they both need new lamps/bulbs. I found the the manuals and new bulbs on ebay, but was curious if anyone had any experience opening these up and changing the lamps. Any advice? I probably won't end up keeping the 2325 as it's way more than what I need power wise (125 watts x 2) and the $$$ they get on ebay will help w/ my new kitchen.Does anyone have experience w/ the Marantz 6300 turntable? The same guy who sold me the receivers has a spare, but I've never used/heard one. Any Info? Should I stick w/ the 1200? thanks...

Comments

• check these guys for an answer, but be carefull, some of them have NO sence of humor AT ALL, and you cant just roll up there and ask questions freely.

They want you to introduce yourself and get all friendly, tell them what kind of rig you have, yada yada yada.

and I quote the rules ........... "5). If you are new here, your first posts should NOT be, ???does anyone have a manual they can give me???? Or, ???can someone tell me what this is worth???? And finally, ???does anybody have this part I am missing on my Pioneer receiver???? How about instead, just introducing yourself, telling everyone you???re new, and getting to know us a little before you start ???using??? us. "

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=134

These guys know their shit.

• Any advice? I probably won't end up keeping the 2325 as it's way more than what I need power wise (125 watts x 2) and the $$$ they get on ebay will help w/ my new kitchen.

dunno what either of the models are, but 125w * 2 is a pretty good level of power for an amp and marantz is a well regarded brand, that sucker could easily last another 10-15 years .. check ebay for going prices, I wouldn't think they'd be too high so you might be best holding onto it and coupling with some nice speakers as thats where you get the biggest bang for your audio buck

• dang, this reminds me! my brother took my dad's old marantz record player and stereo. too bad! i love marantz!