George Smith - "I'm Only Human" (Stupid Rare?)

spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
I found a sealed copy of this today...looked it up on Popsike and while there are a lot of valuable George Smith records up, this one isn't listed (the 45 with two of the tracks went for $150 mint.) Anyone have an mp3?

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    More info, here's the popsike for the 45: http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4717431950

Image:

Any help is highly appreciated. I really want to know if this is dope enough that I should open it or if it's a terd I should sell.

• I haven't come across this artist before but I see that Manship has 3 clips on his site... Just out of curiousity where did you find the album?

I haven't come across this artist before but I see that Manship has 3 clips on his site... Just out of curiousity where did you find the album?

HALF PRICE BOOKS & RECORDS on Shattuck in Berkeley, which blows my mind. I went through everything they had since I hadn't been in a few months, and they're almost always shit for records, but I was frustrated and wanted to find something. Nothing else like it in the whole store, it was just sitting there still sealed. I think they just don't get any records, but when they do they don't have anyone with record knowledge to deal with it. Makes you wonder how an NYC private press Northern Soul record ends up still sealed in great shape on the west coast.

After listening, I'm gonna sell it. It's good, but I'd rather have the $$. Hopefully some crazy northern soul collectors will duke it out on eBay and put some cash in my pocket.

• F U C K

I just was there yesterday morning and didn't see it or they hadn't put it out yet. Oh well, sucks for me.

F U C K

I just was there yesterday morning and didn't see it or they hadn't put it out yet. Oh well, sucks for me.

So it goes. Don't trip though, I'm sure you've beaten me to more than one find in the Bay before.

I'm bringing this back up, seriously if anyone has information on this LP, drop knowledge or you're soft, my broke-ass is putting this up on eBay and I'd like to know as much as I can about George Smith and this record. Even Manship says he's never seen a copy of this record. From the soundclip in the post above it sounds like a monster album.

Pics: