New version of S.erato

2»

Comments

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Does anyone know how to move all the mp3s I have for a crate into a folder on the MAC? This shits gunna kill me doing it one by one...

ANYONE?

click on 1 mp3, hold down shift, scrool to bottom of folder and while still holding shift click on the bottom mp3, then drag them all onto the overview button.

What does that do? Move them into a folder on my hard drive?

That's what I want to do. Move an entire playlists worth of MP3s into a seperate folder...

peace.

• why would you have to rebuild overviews on 1.7? the overviews are stored with each mp3.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    why would you have to rebuild overviews on 1.7? the overviews are stored with each mp3.

i think its to be safe. the new updates have a way of being finicky on previous overviews. It sometimes craps out on previously kosher files, and works fine on files that previous builds would crap out on. i know this happend with previous updates, but not sure about 1.7

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Overviews should stay built within the ID3 tags of each individual MP3. The only reason one should have to redo overviews is to help weed out any corrupted files. Other than that, you only need to build the overviews for newly added files.

They're working on a few bugs on 1.7.0 right now that you can read about in the forum. I'm messing with 1.7.1 which has a release candidate and most of the bugs are fixed in the latest version - the most notable being that 1.7.0 DOES NOT save cue points.

• I'm messing with 1.7.1 which has a release candidate and most of the bugs are fixed in the latest version - the most notable being that 1.7.0 DOES NOT save cue points.

i thought cue points are saved with the mp3 id file? so does this mean that if i upgrade to 1.7 its going to remove every cue point or just that if i make new cue points (after upgrading) it won't save them?

i just browsed through the Microwave forum and it looks like people are having problems with the sound quality of 1.7. i think i'm gonna hold off. 1.4 has been like a rock for me.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Cue points are saved in the ID3, it just has a tendency to not save newly set cue points that are set in 1.7.0.

• They're working on a few bugs on 1.7.0 right now that you can read about in the forum. I'm messing with 1.7.1 which has a release candidate and most of the bugs are fixed in the latest version - the most notable being that 1.7.0 DOES NOT save cue points.

Wow...I'm glad I re-named my 1.62 as SCRATCH_LIVE162 before installing 1.7.0 last night. No cue points is not cool.

I read about the sound quality issues on the Scratchlive board, too. That doesn't really seem possible, but I believe dudes.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    1.7.0 DOES NOT save cue points.

...what?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    1.7.0 DOES NOT save cue points.

...what?

There is a bug in 1.7.0 - which means that it's quite possible that any cue point that you may have set in this version did not get saved. It doesn't mean that it erased all your previous cue points, it just (MIGHT) apply to newly set ones.

I've been beta testing Microwave for over a year now, always using the latest versions and all, so I try to stay up on everything. Now I am running 1.7.1 and it looks to be working fine.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    question: I digitize songs from vinyl through my Microwave box, directly into my laptop but I've discovered that, with unpleasant frequency, I end up with "digital blips" in the final recording. They look (in a sound editor) and sound like very short "buzzes". Luckily, they're brief enough that I can edit them out without much trouble but they're a pain in the ass to have to search for then remove.

Anyone have experience with this? Is there something I'm doing wrong that causes em?

• question: I digitize songs from vinyl through my Microwave box, directly into my laptop but I've discovered that, with unpleasant frequency, I end up with "digital blips" in the final recording. They look (in a sound editor) and sound like very short "buzzes". Luckily, they're brief enough that I can edit them out without much trouble but they're a pain in the ass to have to search for then remove.

Anyone have experience with this? Is there something I'm doing wrong that causes em?

I record the same way, but I haven't noticed anything like that. At first I would get the occasional recording with parts missing. There would never be silence or anything - it was almost like a measure would be edited out or something (maybe this is a USB "dropout"). Anyways, I upped the USB buffer rate to like 15 (just for recording) and it seemed to work. Maybe that would apply? Have you asked at the Microwave forum?

question: I digitize songs from vinyl through my Microwave box, directly into my laptop but I've discovered that, with unpleasant frequency, I end up with "digital blips" in the final recording. They look (in a sound editor) and sound like very short "buzzes". Luckily, they're brief enough that I can edit them out without much trouble but they're a pain in the ass to have to search for then remove.

I record the same way, but I haven't noticed anything like that. At first I would get the occasional recording with parts missing. There would never be silence or anything - it was almost like a measure would be edited out or something (maybe this is a USB "dropout"). Anyways, I upped the USB buffer rate to like 15 (just for recording) and it seemed to work. Maybe that would apply? Have you asked at the Microwave forum?

Not yet - I figure enough folks around here rock Microwave, I could bypass the forums. I think upping the buffer rate should do the trick. I'll try it again today.

• You of course have to unlock the easter egg first. Alt-T to start it, Alt-T to pause it, loop to release.

Can someone please explain me what that means ???? I've tried Alt - T, Alt T, Alt + T, whatever combo with Alt and - and T....
    I've got the "Congrats" message, then nothing else...

• bozakbozak 334 Posts

You of course have to unlock the easter egg first. Alt-T to start it, Alt-T to pause it, loop to release.

Can someone please explain me what that means ???? I've tried Alt - T, Alt T, Alt + T, whatever combo with Alt and - and T....
    I've got the "Congrats" message, then nothing else...

it means alt and t

By the way...

just how good is the Microwave box compared to, say, the midline MBox that Turntable Lab sells?

I've been using it to digitize b/c it's just a lot more convenient than trying to install my mixer on my desk but I've also been thinking of getting a dedicated digitizer like an Mbox. However, if the Microwave box is already pretty good quality, I'll just stick with it.

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    the most notable being that 1.7.0 DOES NOT save cue points.

i found that out the hard way.

• question: I digitize songs from vinyl through my Microwave box, directly into my laptop but I've discovered that, with unpleasant frequency, I end up with "digital blips" in the final recording. They look (in a sound editor) and sound like very short "buzzes". Luckily, they're brief enough that I can edit them out without much trouble but they're a pain in the ass to have to search for then remove.

I had some problems like this, but i was using a m-audio firewire audio interface to go to my computer. I asked around here and people gave me some recommendations on things to change but nothing ever worked. I finally just called m-audio, and they told me that i had too many devices assigned to my interruptor request or something. I'm assuming you're on a pc? If you go to my computer -> properties -> device manager -> under the view tab (i think), go to view devices by type or source. Find which port (or whatever) your Microwave box is on. In my case I had a few things on that interruptor (like my video card) that they said were making noise in my recordings.
    This explaiination is vague because all I know about this is what I gathered from my conversation with the m-audio tech. If anyone knows more about it, please contribute what you know.
    I asked the tech if there were any ways to take my m-audio firewire device off that interruptor- he just told me that the only way things would get re-arranged would be if i reinstalled windows. I've got a macbook, so i just started recording stuff with that and all my problems ended.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    the most notable being that 1.7.0 DOES NOT save cue points.

That answers that! I want the key lock shit, but fuck if i'm gonna give up all that hard work.

Mint,

Naw man - I'm on a MacBookPro though most of the digitizing where I noticed those problems were probably done on my last computer, a Powerbook G4. It could be that I had too many USB devices plugged in. I'll just trial and error my way around.

• parenparen 537 Posts

I've been beta testing Microwave for over a year now, always using the latest versions and all, so I try to stay up on everything. Now I am running 1.7.1 and it looks to be working fine.

cosignatory. 1.7.1 cue point saves are back.

• the most notable being that 1.7.0 DOES NOT save cue points.

That answers that! I want the key lock shit, but fuck if i'm gonna give up all that hard work.

no, it doesn't erase the ones you have already set, it just doesn't remember the new ones you set in 1.7 sometimes... go get that 1.7.1, key lock and bug fixed - problem solved

quick question: usually, when I use input reverse, it works so I'm able to basically create a mix using one turntable but sometimes, when I flip the IR switch, it stops what's playing on the first turntable and likewise, when I switch back, it starts playing TT 1 again but TT 2 is now stopped. I've always looked to figure out how to restore functionality but it seems hit or miss. What am I doing wrong?

• O-Dub

to make sure it plays...the destination deck must be set to internal mode or it will "stop". Pretty sure that will solve your problem.

• Does anyone know how to move all the mp3s I have for a crate into a folder on the MAC? This shits gunna kill me doing it one by one...

ANYONE?

click on 1 mp3, hold down shift, scrool to bottom of folder and while still holding shift click on the bottom mp3, then drag them all onto the overview button.

What does that do? Move them into a folder on my hard drive?

That's what I want to do. Move an entire playlists worth of MP3s into a seperate folder...

peace.

what that does is highlights all those files and thenyou can just drag that into your said crate.

also....say you have 3 folders on your mac..."christian hip hop" "rap" "bangerz" that you add those new said jams to......

hit import then browse to that folder, simply drag it onto the folder with the same name in your cratelist to the left....it will fill the new tunes that are not in your crates yet from the main folders where you keep those tunes.

hope that helps a bit.