Home Boy & the C.O.L. question + request

luckluck 4,077 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Here's the deal: I am in posession of 9 of the 10 mp3s of this LP. As the tracks were sent to me without names, I'm not sure which one I'm missing. Luckily, 8 or the 9 tracks are easy to identify from an on-line tracklisting, although one is a synthy instrumental that I can't name. The instro is either "Can't Get Enough" or "Home Boy's Revenge," and I'm naturally missing the one of the two titles I don't have. Could someone help me out?Sidebar: I cannot believe that I'm requesting info about a Modern LP, but this one is actually pretty good.

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Here's the deal: I am in posession of 9 of the 10 mp3s of this LP. As the tracks were sent to me without names, I'm not sure which one I'm missing. Luckily, 8 or the 9 tracks are easy to identify from an on-line tracklisting, although one is a synthy instrumental that I can't name. The instro is either "Can't Get Enough" or "Home Boy's Revenge," and I'm naturally missing the one of the two titles I don't have. Could someone help me out?

Sidebar: I cannot believe that I'm requesting info about a Modern LP, but this one is actually pretty good.

Welcome to the dark side!

I believe this is the same set of MP3s Guzzo uploaded about a year ago or so, as it included 8 of the 9 songs from the album. I'm guessing the instro track you're talking about is "Homeboy's Revenge," but I may be wrong.

Pretty nice album all around. Homeboy (Cecil Lyde) is currently selling this album and 2 others on CD Baby. Do a search for "Cecil Lyde" on the main site.

SG

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    My MP3 copy has 9 tracks.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    My MP3 copy has 9 tracks.

...or maybe the set included 9 out of 10 tracks? I remember reading about the zip missing one track (a slow vocal jazz-type cut) from the album.

SG

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    you guys are right, I left one track off the MP3s I put up cause the song is total dreck. I can burn it off the LP and upload it if you guys really want it though

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    you guys are right, I left one track off the MP3s I put up cause the song is total dreck. I can burn it off the LP and upload it if you guys really want it though

If the track you left off (thanks for the album, by the way - I didn't know it was your burn) was Can't Get Enough, then at least I Iocated my song title. If it sucks too much to upload, then I don't care, either way.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

If the track you left off (thanks for the album, by the way - I didn't know it was your burn) was Can't Get Enough, then at least I Iocated my song title. If it sucks too much to upload, then I don't care, either way.

you are correct about the track title

for all those who want to hear it, here it is

Homeboy & The COL "Cant Get Enough"

• ya'll got this ?

• TobiTobi 187 Posts
    Yo Guzzo,

would you mind uploading the whole LP again? I only got one 12" from this LP which is kinda dope, I wonder what the rest sounds like...

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

you are correct about the track title

for all those who want to hear it, here it is

Homeboy & The COL "Cant Get Enough"

Sasssay and brasssay! Do I hear Chicago? Like: Is that Ko Ko Taylor in the wings?
    And they say Page and Plant were the biggest thieves of Black music.

Thanks again, HC.