Where do you work?

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I edit, tag, and publish IT news for www.infoworld.com It's a total thrill ride.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I do support and QA testing here:

http://www.digitalrailroad.net

• i work on an adult acute ward in a psychatric hospital. we don't get little white bow ties like "one flew over the cuckoos nest"--- but i do get to play a lot of table tennis. my back hand smash is formidable.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    I work at SAMO media ("say-mo"). We press vinyl, CDs, packaging, etc...most recently, the Si, Para Usted comp on Waxing Deep (CD), but also: Hi-Tek (The Chip 12" packaging), Propagandhi (Potempkin City Limits dbl 12"), Moneen (The Red Tree red/white swirl 12"), VICE Magazine CD/DVD samplers, Karlophone (I Must Find This Karlophone CD/12" LP), Magnificent 7s 7" catalogue, Feist (Open Season LP 12"), Hidden Cameras (Death of a Tune 7"), etc etc etc.

www.myspace.com/samomedia
    www.samomedia.com

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I do Print/Ad Design, photoshop, quark, indesign you name it...
    Were in one of the ancient storage buildings that have been refurbished...

The view

Speicherstadt? I remember it from before but it seems like they did a good job re-developing that part of town.. Any cheap apartments there?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I work at Ponderosa Tree Service. We cut down trees.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    the job: kaiser permanente hospital in the admitting dept

the hustle: vinyl record dealer/bay area soul music researcher

the dream: pot grower in norcal

• I work in the music department at a talent agency.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    developer for circuit city

Are you in Richmond?

yes
    I used to word in Visual Display there. ahhhhhh Gaskins Road.

I manage a resource library here:
    BBG-BBGM
    2 days a week

the rest of my income is pure hustle.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    ^^^^^Good lord that is a nice looking building.

I cover commodities exchanges in Chicago for a British wire service.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Which one? We are the biggest Hospitality design firm in the world.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    I work for a freight forwarder in their international department. Work get's busy as hell, but my department/boss is cool. They flew me to Amsterdam last year for a week (what up A*an)... Also do mobile gigs on the weekends (weddings), yep its wack at times, but that shit get's me paid and I get to spin at some nice spots...

• Buy some blinds from 3Day Blinds, and ill work in your home.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    http://www.brownsteingroup.com/

and some freelance hustle

• Concert Promoter

Outback Concerts

Alice - what size club do you book???

Pete - which agency???

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Left documentary film after 10yrs this past summer and am now temp???ing at the Ministry for the Attorney General.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Buy some blinds from 3Day Blinds, and ill work in your home.

which reminds me of a little joke.

The sisters of charity at the sisters of charity convent had a field trip to the beach planned, for it was very hot that summer. Everybody was allowed to go except sister maria who had failed to show up for vespers and had to stay behind to clean the floors of the convent. After all the other sisters leave, sister maria starts scrubbing the floors. As its very hot, and everyone elese is gone, she takes off her habit and continues to scrub the floors in the nude. All of sudden there is a knock at the convent door. "who is it said sister maria." It's just me, the blind mand from the village," says the voice at the other side. "Well," says sister Maria to herself, "if he's blind he'll never know the difference," and opens the door. The man looks at her and says, "nice rack sister, now where do you want me to hang these blinds?"

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

Which one? We are the biggest Hospitality design firm in the world.

Rooters aka Roiders

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    I edit, tag, and publish IT news for www.infoworld.com It's a total thrill ride.

Hey, when did you get that job? I'm a reader

I used to run the corporate website, but recently got promoted to running the Developer Marketing programs for ACCESS, formerly known as PalmSource, and even further back formerly part of Palm. It's confusing

www.access-company.com

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

Hey, when did you get that job? I'm a reader

Well hot damn...this just gives me more inspiration to try to sneak little record jokes into the article headlines.

I've only been here three weeks. It's actually a pretty cool job thus far, even though I'm hardly an IT guy.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Well hot damn...this just gives me more inspiration to try to sneak little record jokes into the article headlines.

Please do... it'd make both our days

• I own Som Records in Washington, DC. Photo below is from last week (two friends hanging out after hours). We're on the same block as the Black Cat Club and Cafe Saint-Ex. Come by and say high.

Som Records

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    I work whereever there are some of these:

I do 16 hours a week of djing at my residency spots and pick up gigs elsewhere as well. It great. I love djing, love the free time to work on other persuits, and in 2007 am trying to step my game up a notch in the effort to be doing this for a long time.

I went to school for and got my degree in industrial design. Any ID heads in here?

• http://www.lohostudios.com/cast/cast.html

scroll down and you'll see me with d-train!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    From my old work post. Here's some of the buildings I take care of (Techie Steez)

• parenparen 537 Posts
    Consultant (SOX 404, PCI DSS, ITIL, etc) living the cubicle life at RCI:

+ freelance development / technical editor and author for various publishing companies + sometimes discjock.