most OVERUSED and MISUSED Soul Strut GRAEMLINS

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
OVERUSED[/b] is a no-brainer: C'mon kids, "real heads" does not mean your Economicsteacher, your best friend in 7th grade, or even YOU justbecause you tripped over a good 45 once on your way tocheck the bins for that Tommy Roe break.Worst of all is the use of "Real Heads" in DEFENSE, asin "I know I'm the only person in the world that doesn'tfind this wack/disgusting/tired, so:Y'ALL SLEEP ON MID-80'S DAVID SANBORN BUT "Yeah dude, real heads know, and they know shit is wack.MISUSED[/b] is obvious as well,if only because it is almost never used properly: Dudes, "metrosexual" does not mean "gay" - it means vain andself-obsessed, particularly with one's appearance. Men who plucktheir eyebrows or have 3 different hair gels, each for a differentweather-condition. True, gay men are often metrosexual men, but soare millions of dudes who are all about being with women.So, posts that say: "YO I HEARD BENZINO LOCKED HIMSELF IN THE BATHROOMOF THE FLAVA UNIT TOUR BUS WITH ONE OF LATIFAH'S MALE DANCERS "just don't make any sense.When your favorite rapper does something or just go ahead and call him a sally or let's bring back the ghey graemlinor something... Metrosexuality is, according to British journalist Mark Simpson, the trait of an urban man of any sexual orientation (usually heterosexual)[citation needed] who has a strong aesthetic sense and spends a great amount of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle. Simpson coined the term in 1994 in an article in the The Independent [1] after writing his book about contemporary masculine identity Male Impersonators: Men Performing Masculinity. Simpson described the effect of consumerism and media proliferation, particularly the men???s style press, on traditional masculinity. Metrosexuals often can be seen sporting the latest in men's fashion. Hetero metrosexuals, though known to be heterosexual have what's known as a "camp" factor about them; in general slang terms, they are "camp but straight." Yes, I'm bored enough that I'm making SS Police threads. Sue me.Runners up for misused: &[/b] And while I have the floor, can we officially change to ?[/b](TEAM) WU TANG 4EVA!

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting,

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    never left.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    :ghey: never left.

• Thank you, SoulOnIce!

And maybe we could limit graemlin usage to users with over 1000 posts. Some of the new kids are a little overzealous with their usage; it would appear that some folks are unable to post without them.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Holy Shit! A blast from the past.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    = Strictly a subjective comment

= I would get weirded out by a person who expresses discontent by continuing to make loud, 5 second groans

= Mike Schmidt as a teenager at a Polish-American Anti-Defamation Meeting

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Thank you, SoulOnIce!

And maybe we could limit graemlin usage to users with over 1000 posts. Some of the new kids are a little overzealous with their usage;Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting it would appear that some folks are unable to post without them.

ok im done.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

this is my fav thread so far....

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Not a graemlin but,
    When people quote quoted stuff and don't remove the extraneous ten posts that came before the one that they're referring to.

That mess just looks like digital incompetence.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    By the way, Phill[/b] Most catches a pardon on all this.

Dude has been known to compose a symphony in graemlins.

Not a graemlin but,
    When people quote quoted stuff and don't remove the extraneous ten posts that came before the one that they're referring to.

definitely.

Or dudes like O-Dub that post the quote underneath their
    reply, instead of above like everyone else.
    Oh wait, O-Dub is the only one that does that.

CUT IT OUT O****R

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Runners up for misused: &[/b]

Man, I laugh out loud at the way the racist graemlin is used all the time... the less relevant, the better

• And maybe we could limit graemlin usage to users with over 1000 posts. Some of the new kids are a little overzealous with their usage; it would appear that some folks are unable to post without them.

1000 posts? How about 100? Must use graemlins!!!

(but I won't right now)

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Not a graemlin but,

definitely.

like this?

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Not a graemlin but,

definitely.

like this?

More like that.

Not a graemlin but,

definitely.

like this?

now you've got it!

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Runners up for misused: &[/b]

Man, I laugh out loud at the way the racist graemlin is used all the time... the less relevant, the better

Only graemlin that continues to make me laugh every single time.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Thank you, SoulOnIce!

And maybe we could limit graemlin usage to users with over 1000 posts. Some of the new kids are a little overzealous with their usage; it would appear that some folks are unable to post without them.

S-A-Y-I-N-G

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Another contender for Most Misused:

It pains me that there are members of our community so dense that I am forced to commit this to print, but this graemlin is never, ever, ever to be used with respect to one's own posts.

It is to be used to acknowledge a definitive sonning delivered by another poster.

It is not to be used in an effort to convince others that one's own posts constitute definitive sonnings; if that is not self-evident from the posts, then schitt is most definitely not game over, and you're just embarassing yourself.

See also:

It will be for the rest of the community to determine whether the vacuous nonsense that just dribbled off your keyboard is, in fact, knowledge worthy of acknowledgment.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Another contender for Most Misused:

It pains me that there are members of our community so dense that I am forced to commit this to print, but this graemlin is never, ever, ever to be used with respect to one's own posts.

It is to be used to acknowledge a definitive sonning delivered by another poster.

It is not to be used in an effort to convince others that one's own posts constitute definitive sonnings; if that is not self-evident from the posts, then schitt is most definitely not game over, and you're just embarassing yourself.

i completely agree. the same logic should be applied to

• Not a graemlin but,

definitely.
    this rocks

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    Not a graemlin but,

definitely.
    this rocks
    I'm Confused:

So It's before except after ???

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

And "quoting" the 10 large photos that are directly above should be at least one week BAN[/b]

• dayday 9,611 Posts

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

THE KING[/b]

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

THE KING[/b]