Producer Disco D (50 Cent, K-Fed) Commits Suicide

2»

Comments

• Ugh - I can't get this off my mind. My younger brother is manic and it scares me once in a while thinking that he'd attempt something like this. I reach out to him often even though we are across the country from each other.

I apologize for going off subject. Dave was a talented dude, who's style i really appreciated. So sad.

RIP

• very very sad.

RIP

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    this is sad. Worst news of the day. R.I.P to a young talent

• wow, out of the blue...terrible news

Rest In Peace

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I spent some time with Dave out in SF when he played and we used to AIM and talk on the phone. He was one of the goofiest and funniest dudes ever and I think about the time we spent together and it was always non-stop party- in retrospect I see that manic in him, but I didn't know he struggled with depression and I lost touch with him a couple years ago. I was proud of him when I heard he was producing for 50 Cent and making his rap world moves. He was a wondeful dj, a great producer and a good friend.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I heard that he left his fiance a little while back and that the break up got to him. Very sad.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Horrible news, hommie was just about to blow up bigger too...

Ski Mask Way is seriously DAT SCHITT! The way he chopped up that O'Jays shit is nuts...

peace.

• I remember hearing his name awhile back and then I saw some video of him and spank rock recording a song. I forget what it was, but it was pretty dope. I wanted to see some more studio stuff so I went to his site and picked up his "DiscoDvd." There were a few parts in there where I was like "damn, he's really going for it." You could tell he was a hard worker and not afraid to make power moves. It was inspirational to see a young guy putting in work and believing in himself.

RIP

• yeah this is very sad. RIP.
    he was always really nice & humble as someone stated before.

i actually bought a 6 pack of those clear papers he was pushing a while back.

now when i smoke em........

• Bi-Polar disorder is DAT REAL SCHITT!!! this is very sad news.... especially for such a young cat. i work on an acute psychiatric ward here in the UK and was just wondering what the mental health system is like over there in the US??? would he have got much help from community teams and whatnot? it's all private isn't it??? thank jeebus for the NHS!!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Very very sad news, that sucks.
    R.I.P

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Tragic. RIP

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Tragic. RIP

• choleracholera 101 Posts
    Damn. RIP to a young man that accomplished a lot, and had so much more to come...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

damn. sad article.

instances of depression/suicide among Holocaust survivors was/is of course very high. didn't know that was part of dude's family history.

on top of the clinical depression/bi-polar stuff, dude also got jerked by the bizness. sad.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

damn. sad article.

instances of depression/suicide among Holocaust survivors was/is of course very high. didn't know that was part of dude's family history.

on top of the clinical depression/bi-polar stuff, dude also got jerked by the bizness. sad.

I saw online that some people were mad about that article. I read it, and it seemed to me to deal with the story pretty appropriately. Did I miss something - or did most people here think it is a fair article?

• I think the article speculates unnecessarily in some spots.

Very sad. I lived in Ann Arbor for a summer and my friend/roommate was friendly with Disco D, I guess. I remember him telling me about how dude was travelling the world, being flown out places to DJ. DC shoes would send him boxes of shit. Etc. I remember being struck by how crazy it was that dude was our age. Another friend told me a story about some studio session with Lola Damone (sp?). (Remember her from that "50 Niggas Deep" cut?) I didn't know him, but from their descriptions he seemed like a very likeable and friendly person.

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    people actually give a fuck?

• anybody see this dvd that they just put out? Way to make money after someone passes away. Does look interesting though.

http://kagimedia.com/hustleharder/index.html

99 bucks....way to make money. Hopefully his family gets some of it.