Producer Disco D (50 Cent, K-Fed) Commits Suicide

Skip DrinkwaterSkip Drinkwater 1,694 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
http://sohh.com/articles/article.php/10734Strangely enough there isn't an article attatched to the link (just the headline), but the comments on his Myspace page seem to confirm this.

Comments

• Damn! This was the guy that did "Ski Mask Way" right? Always liked that one.

That's awful.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    FUCK!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    That's horrible.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Holy sh*t, is this for real?

I used to look up to that dude as a great DJ and hollered at him anytime I'd see him out spinning in Detroit.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This is really a shame if true.

He was a young guy, too.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    This is really a shame if true.

He was a young guy, too.

Holy shit. This is really out of the blue. Dude was really getting a lot of work as a producer...definitely on the come-up.

The couple times I met him, he was a super cool dude. He even swung by my weekly the day after he did a gig in the Bay just to check it out.

I hope this isn't true. But if it is...RIP.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    read the last part of this interview. real sad. suicide is terrible.
    http://www.montrealmirror.com/2006/030906/music4.html
    I mean, dude, I???m bipolar, I tried to commit suicide twice, like, I???m not scared of anything, know what I???m sayin???? I don???t give a fuck, dude???to me, life???s a big video game.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    read the last part of this interview. real sad. suicide is terrible.
    http://www.montrealmirror.com/2006/030906/music4.html
    I mean, dude, I???m bipolar, I tried to commit suicide twice, like, I???m not scared of anything, know what I???m sayin???? I don???t give a fuck, dude???to me, life???s a big video game.

this really hurts. i remember listening to his set on the radio in high school. so many jeeps bouncing.

sad.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    This is sad news ....damn

R.I.P

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    This is sad news ....damn

R.I.P

man....so young.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    man, that's shocking. sad news...
    How old was he? Looked like a real young guy.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    wow. how tragic.
    my thoughts to his fam and friends.
    suicide is soooo fucked up.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    R.I.P. homie

Good tunes.

• Damn, that is sad RIP

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    This sucks, RIP
    I hope this doesnt sound callous to be recommending music on a thread like this, but his beat for AZ off AWOL ("City of Gods") was seriously gorgeous.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This sucks, RIP
    I hope this doesnt sound callous to be recommending music on a thread like this

Nah, I don't think so--at a time like this, it is entirely appropriate to celebrate somebody's life's work.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    the last thing i had heard from him was the Trick Daddy cut he was producing. I was really looking forward to seeing dude blow up over the next few years.

and only 27 years old:

here's a write up i caught from another board
    http://www.urb.com/permalink/243/Dave-Shayman-

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    that shit is mad fucked up. RIP.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Damn, that's harsh. RIP.

• dave was a talented, one of a kind dude. today's news was really awful.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Dude was really on some humble shit on the gearslutz forums.

RIP...

• This sucks, RIP
    I hope this doesnt sound callous to be recommending music on a thread like this, but his beat for AZ off AWOL ("City of Gods") was seriously gorgeous.

Any chance you can post it? I was just listening to "Ski Mask Way" the other day and thinking I need to hear more of this dude's hip hop beats. It's a shame. RIP.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    thats so sad. respect to his friends and family. Im sure the people close to him are wondering what they could have done to prevent it and that really sucks. the hardest thing not to do is try to ask why.

R.I.P.

• scebasceba 122 Posts
    Ski Mask Way beat was dope no doubt. He also got some dope baile funk tracks. Also heard this mixtape he did with all brazilian mcs, good stuff. Would've liked to hear more from him in the future... RIP.

• Hella sad.

• Damn, RIP.

• damn dude, we had him over our way a few years ago.