Who's on Oink?

2»

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    how do i "seed" a torrent?

im down with the reds, just dont wanna feel the iron fist.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    look me up: jaymack. i rip 12inches now and then, and my avatar is maaaaaad cute.

the mods are tough tho. dont upload something unles you know for sure its not a transcode.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    transcode = listed already?

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts

Transcode is when you take a file that's already lossy (e.g., MP3, OGG, non-lossless WMA, etc.) and encode it again with another lossy algorithm.

Like, if you took a 128 bitrate MP3 and then encoded that MP3 into a 192 bitrate MP3, that would be a transcode.

You can put up a torrent of an album/single that's already available on Oink as long as it's of better quality than available and/or lossless if that's not available.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

Transcode is when you take a file that's already lossy (e.g., MP3, OGG, non-lossless WMA, etc.) and encode it again with another lossy algorithm.

Like, if you took a 128 bitrate MP3 and then encoded that MP3 into a 192 bitrate MP3, that would be a transcode.

You can put up a torrent of an album/single that's already available on Oink as long as it's of better quality than available and/or lossless if that's not available.

:

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

listed already = dupe

transcode = any audio file that wasn't encoded from an original lossless source.

Say like ripping a CD to an MP3 and then to a .wav file again.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    My OINK avatar:

YOU CAN'T GET CUTER THAN THAT!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    How to view the Spectral Analysis of songs using Adobe Audition[/b]
    To view the spectral analysis of audio files in Adobe Audition, first ensure you are in Edit Waveform View by pressing the number 8 on your keyboard. Then, go to File > Open and select the file you wish to test. Adobe Audition will open the audio file in the "Waveform View" by default each time, so you'll need to choose View > Spectral View or press F9 to switch to Spectral View.

The following section contains a list of common bitrates and their audio spectrum. The LAME were all done using dbpoweramp from a flac source, and they are all encoded using LAME version 3.97. The FhG were all done using Adobe Audition 1.5 FhG. The shape of the screen-shots differ due to different screen resolutions.

these guys are serious.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

lossless/V0 tip

What does this mean? I'm clueless when it comes to this shit. I only know how to click and DL.

Herm

• i don't got invites yet but PM me if you want to be my OINK friend