Hey Kiddies, Motown Pop Quiz...

eliseelise 3,252 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Found this, thought it was pretty coolSee how many you can answer:1. What Motown supergroup that now has eleven gold and platinum albums used to be the opening act on Jackson 5 tours?2. What 4 major television star's of the 60's also recorded for Motown?3.Before Motown founder Berry Gordy decided to become a songwriter, what was his career?4.What was the original name of the Supremes?5.What was Motown's FIRST #1 record?(YOU BETTER KNOW THIS ONE!!!!!)6.Marvin gaye has recorded duets with four Motown ladies--can you name them?7.Starting with "Where Did Our Love Go", the Supremes began a string of five consecutive #1 hits. What were the next four?8.In the 60's, the Beatles named their "favorite girl singer" who was also invited to tour with the Beatles. Who was she?(eh, i had no idea)9.The Contours, who hit with "Do You Love Me" in 1961, were signed in Motown because one bandmember had a famous cousin. Who was that cousin?10.What were Martha Reeves'(of Martha & the Vandellas) first duties at Motown records? ,

Comments

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Found this, thought it was pretty cool

See how many you can answer:

1. What Motown supergroup that now has eleven gold and platinum albums used to be the opening act on Jackson 5 tours?

bleh

2. What 4 major television star's of the 60's also recorded for Motown?

psh got me..

3.Before Motown founder Berry Gordy decided to become a songwriter, what was his career?

I don't remember this one, but didn't he go to war?

4.What was the original name of the Supremes?

Primettes

5.What was Motown's #1 record?(YOU BETTER KNOW THIS ONE!!!!!)

Jackson 5

6.Marvin gaye has recorded duets with four Motown ladies--can you name them?

Diana Ross, Mary Welles....

7.Starting with "Where Did Our Love Go", the Supremes began a string of five consecutive #1 hits. What were the next four?

Baby Love, Stop in the name of love, Come see about me, You can't hurry love, Back in my arms again

8.In the 60's, the Beatles named their "favorite girl singer" who was also invited to tour with the Beatles. Who was she?(eh, i had no idea)

hmm?

9.The Contours, who hit with "Do You Love Me" in 1961, were signed in Motown because one bandmember had a famous cousin. Who was that cousin?

Jack Wilson

10.What were Martha Reeves'(of Martha & the Vandellas) first duties at Motown records?

Secretary

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Post deleted by elise

• i think you mean FIRST #1...right?

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    i think you mean FIRST #1...right?

yup, thought I wrote that.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    yo, i didn't. Thanks for the call out! Good eye!

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

1. What Motown supergroup that now has eleven gold and platinum albums used to be the opening act on Jackson 5 tours?

Commodores

psh got me..

3.Before Motown founder Berry Gordy decided to become a songwriter, what was his career?

Boxer

Primettes

5.What was Motown's first #1 record?(YOU BETTER KNOW THIS ONE!!!!!)

Please Mr Postman

Diana Ross, Mary Wells, Kim Weston, Tammi Terrell

7.Starting with "Where Did Our Love Go", the Supremes began a string of five consecutive #1 hits. What were the next four?

Baby Love, Stop in the name of love, Come see about me, You can't hurry love, Back in my arms again

8.In the 60's, the Beatles named their "favorite girl singer" who was also invited to tour with the Beatles. Who was she?(eh, i had no idea)

Brenda Holloway

9.The Contours, who hit with "Do You Love Me" in 1961, were signed in Motown because one bandmember had a famous cousin. Who was that cousin?

Jackie Wilson

10.What were Martha Reeves'(of Martha & the Vandellas) first duties at Motown records?

Secretary

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

The Commodores[/b]

The Primettes[/b]

5.What was Motown's FIRST #1 record?(YOU BETTER KNOW THIS ONE!!!!!)

The Miracles "Shop Around"[/b]

Tammi Terrell, Kim Weston, Diana Ross and (this is a complete guess) Mary Wells[/b]

Baby Love, Come See About Me, Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart, You Keep Me Hanging On[/b]

Mary Wells[/b]

Receptionist[/b]

I need to re-read Nelson George's "Where Did Our Love Go"...

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

soupy sales is one...