MovieStrut Curse of the Golden flower

SyminSymin 999 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Not sure if the name is right but i saw this joint last night. I was pretty unimpressed. it reminded me of one of those early 90s kodak film comercials with rediculasly bright colors punching you in the face. the story i felt was lacking as well, but Chow young Fat shined again.*highlight* Ninjas with boomerang swords attached to ropes*

Comments

• *highlight* Ninjas with boomerang swords attached to ropes*

versus

• Ha! I just popped that in the DVD player tonight. Dude's eyebrows are off the chain. No pun intended.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    This movie was kinda weak. Liked the cleavage, tho. The warriors on ropes were cool too. Fearless wrecked this shit.

• Fearless[/b] wrecked this shit.

speaking of this...how bout that scene where dude topples to the ground from the elevated ring...

i was mashing the rewind button...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Fearless[/b] wrecked this shit.

speaking of this...how bout that scene where dude topples to the ground from the elevated ring...

i was mashing the rewind button...

Get the directors cut with an extra 40 minutes. Very dope.

• as i was saying...

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I hear the same tired ass shit coming from you kids. Sigh. What do you expect from these films? Just wondering. (Well, I guess it's not their fault. The trailers have really spun these last three "action" films in the wrong way.)

Zhang Yimou is one of the most important directors of the past 20 years. Settle the fuck down and let him tell you a story. Trust me.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I hear the same tired ass shit coming from you kids. Sigh. What do you expect from these films? Just wondering. (Well, I guess it's not their fault. The trailers have really spun these last three "action" films in the wrong way.)

Zhang Yimou is one of the most important directors of the past 20 years. Settle the fuck down and let him tell you a story. Trust me.

I'm all for a good Wuxia flick, but Zhang Yimou has been losing his touch. Hero gets a pass. Wasn't bad & House Of Flying Daggers was okay. Golden Flower was too much like The Banquet. It felt cold, almost sterile. HK cinema is really being outdone by Korea right now. The Clown & The King, The Host, even City Of Violence.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    losing his touch, huh? i'm not sure if these films are his touch. Riding Alone for Thousands of Miles is more like it.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    This movie was kinda weak. Liked the cleavage, tho. The warriors on ropes were cool too. Fearless wrecked this shit.

HA! I saw this flick awhile back with my friend Shiu-Chi. First thing she said was something along the lines of "Don't get excited. Chinese gurls have never gone around wearing outfits like that".

The movie was pretty much

I can only take a movie for so long where it seems like 95% of it was filmed in the same room. And the ending was awful.