PHONE CRASHED - LOST ALL MY NUMBERS/CONTACTS

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
All phone numbers - goneOther stuff in the phone - gone.If you know me please get at me VIA PHONE or EMAIL preferably, PM if you cannot, so that I can get all your phone numbers again. That's what's up.

Comments

• Do you have any of your old phones sitting around? May be a stupid question, but I've had to do that before. Good luck dude, that shit sucks. At least you didn't run into the ocean with it on you or something.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I keep a palm pilot with all my shit stored away. Since the palmpilot is played out it just acts as my blackbook for old numbers.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I keep a palm pilot with all my shit stored away. Since the palmpilot is played out it just acts as my blackbook for old numbers.

Make sure you periodically charge it. I tried that and the thing went dead after 6 months. Everything was erased.

Make sure you periodically charge it. I tried that and the thing went dead after 6 months. Everything was erased.
    NO doubt. It stays in the charger plugged in.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

cop one of these and your attitude will change

I love mine. shit gets used frequently. Bluetooth is the truth.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I'm sure its too late for this type of advice but I'd seriously invest in an actual phone book that you can write in with a pen (no digital)

BUt my cell phone can do what my pilot does. Do you carry both around with you?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I'm sure its too late for this type of advice but I'd seriously invest in an actual phone book that you can write in with a pen (no digital)

The real question is:

Will Guzzo be included in Cosmo's phonebook/eastcoastspecialfriendsgroup?

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    that sucks man, I've always feared this happening. Phone companies should come up with a method to upload numbers and contacts to a website or e-mail for backup.

• that sucks man, I've always feared this happening. Phone companies should come up with a method to upload numbers and contacts to a website or e-mail for backup.

They often do if there's software for the phone. eg: i'm able to back up the content of my N*kia onto my hard drive.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    Phone companies should come up with a method to upload numbers and contacts to a website or e-mail for backup.

+

iSync is the business. Not only does it sync a cellphone with all contacts in my addressbook but also iCal.

anyhow this doesn't help cosmo... sorry doud.....

BUt my cell phone can do what my pilot does. Do you carry both around with you?

yeah, I got a bluetooth phone and I use the palm to get online. Which works out better than paying for the monthly service cause it just uses my phone as a modem via bluetooth so it just costs me my cell phone minutes. Plus I've gotten accustomed to the large screen format and I actually prefer having a small phone and seperate palm pilot IF I want to get online or whatever, instead of a big ass Treo phone...although the Sony P910 is pretty dope.

that sucks man, I've always feared this happening. Phone companies should come up with a method to upload numbers and contacts to a website or e-mail for backup.

most cell phone companies already do this

Phone companies should come up with a method to upload numbers and contacts to a website or e-mail for backup.

+

iSync is the business. Not only does it sync a cellphone with all contacts in my addressbook but also iCal.

DUDE that's what I'm sayin...every time I sync my palm pilot it updates my phone and my computer via isync and bluetooth. I LOOOOOOVE that shit. Haven't worried about a lost number in a LONG fuckin time.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Hi Cosmo!

this is real talk...

+

saved all my #s a couple times.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Cosmo has a Treo Palmpilot Phone, which comes with a USB cord and software for Hot Syncing, so all this is old news.

Cosmo has a Treo Palmpilot Phone, which comes with a USB cord and software for Hot Syncing, so all this is old news.

well then he didn't lose anything unless he never used said software and cord.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    he says he lost it. i bet he never used that shit

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

I forsee a Rub breakup!

TONIGHT: DJ AYRES - THE RUB (NEW, FRESH, WYLIN, BOLED)

TONIGHT: COSMO BAKER - THE RUB (ORIGINAL OG RUBBER)

Okay let me vent for a second with envy.

Fuckin cingular / ATT wireless won't let me use my bluetooth phone as a modem. I have to go through their internet service, which costs something like 1 cent a K.

For months I've been trying to figure out how to do it, trying every little trick, and it turns out I just CAN'T.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I forsee a Rub breakup!

Ayres is just being a cantankerous drama queen...

Anyway, it's a software problem. It might be a virus in the phone (yes I can't believe it either, but they do exist.) And when I did my hotsync this morning (which is routine[/b]) the settings were switched for the phone to overwrite the computer. Shitty, right? Now I hope that whatever did it didn't fuck my computer up.

Anyway, thanks for all of those who have hit me with the math (all 2 of you )

(page me!)

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    oh man that sucks. it's almost exactly what happened with your ipod. let me know if you want to link up and beam contacts and apps tommorow or tuesday.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

I forsee a Rub breakup!

Ayres is just being a cantankerous drama queen...

Anyway, it's a software problem. It might be a virus in the phone (yes I can't believe it either, but they do exist.) And when I did my hotsync this morning (which is routine[/b]) the settings were switched for the phone to overwrite the computer. Shitty, right? Now I hope that whatever did it didn't fuck my computer up.

Anyway, thanks for all of those who have hit me with the math (all 2 of you )

(page me!)

oh fuuuuuuuck...that SUCKS!!! wow, you MIGHT be able to track the old numbers down in your palm software...there mighbe be like a last backup type file in there. or a safe file...for some reason I remember palm doing this with their software. I could be wrong. And it SHOULD update the device, not the computer. Try doing a hard reset and erase all data of the phone and then re-sync. I'm sure you already tried that but it's a suggestion.

• Options

I have the same phone as Cosmo, and am already on my second one in less than a year. Mine was in my pocket when it rained out, it got wet inside, and was all fucked up afterwards. At least that's what I THINK happened. Either way, they are so sensitive to the elementals and yes Cosmo, they can catch viruses. I remember reading a few months ago that virus writers were targeting "smart phones".

The replacement one I got from Verizon, which they termed as "rebuilt" actually works better than the first one did. The first one was always indicating data transfers, as though someone was jacking onto my modem and hooking into the internet. This one doesn't show it as much.

someone was jacking onto my modem and hooking

pasue

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    How timely this post is! On Friday, with manny drinks in my system, my phone ended up....where else? The toilet! And it was such a low budget phone, that the whole time I thought I had been saving numbers to the SIM card, turns out it was just saving them to the phone. So its fucked and all my numbers are gone. At least the new phone automatically saves to SIM. Well, whatever, all my SF peoples PM me the math.

How timely this post is! On Friday, with manny drinks in my system, my phone ended up....where else? The toilet! And it was such a low budget phone, that the whole time I thought I had been saving numbers to the SIM card, turns out it was just saving them to the phone. So its fucked and all my numbers are gone. At least the new phone automatically saves to SIM. Well, whatever, all my SF peoples PM me the math.

I gotta ask.... did you pick it out or just flush????

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts

puttin myself on blast here...

I picked it out. Then I had a five minute washing hands session, figured the phone was already soaked so I washed that too. Remember that scene in Ace Ventura when he's in the shower crying? Kinda like that...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Bump... where my people at?