Eddie Murphy Comback?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
Just sayin'.Money killed it in DreamGirls, and Norbit looks like a return to form. After a handful of doodoo flicks in the past it seems he's regaining his mojo. Dude really lost it to me during the mid to late 90's except for maybe the Nutty Professor and that Steve Martin joint. Its good to see a cat I grew up w/ claw his way back.

Comments

• I was thinking he's poised for this jump off with the whole award thing, but then I see a poster of his new joint u mentioned, but its him playing anotha big fat lady and a 13 year old nerd & i'm like damn! who's his publicist...bad timing!

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    please tell me that you all liked BOWFINGER......

he absolutely killed it in that.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    Norbit looks like a return to form.

As much as Stealth was a return to form for Jamie Foxx after Ray, I guess.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Norbit looks like a return to form sorry-ass ripoff of Big Mama's House, which is already too lame to be ripped off.

• please tell me that you all liked BOWFINGER......

some parts were funny but i wouldn't call it a good movie. steve martin didn't add much and heather graham's character was awful. the actual character "bowfinger" was funny though.

i'm gonna see Norbit. edddie murphy is always funny no matter how bad some of his movies have been.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

• please tell me that you all liked BOWFINGER......

the lie detector/gonads scene and the part where they round up the crew amazing.

• Lets hope he stays away from shemale hitchikers.

• tuneuptuneup 586 Posts
    "heavenly father...heavenly father" while running across the freeway for repeated takes....

"i'm gone man" with conviction and the desire to fulfill a mission when they send him to get coffee

• Norbit looks like a return to form sorry-ass ripoff of Big Mama's House, which is already too lame to be ripped off.

I loved Big Moma's house! #2 wasn't that great, but it at least had nia long in it!

• comeback? didnt Shrek and Shrek2(his last movie) do like eleventeen bazillion dollars?

• comeback? ?

• Norbit looks like a return to form.

and this is a good thing? dude is addicted to that fat suit. mad suspect. fuck all this dr. doolittle schitt. he has a nice catalogue of classics; no need to sully it. he should quit.

• dude is addicted to that fat suit

holy fuckin sheit, that's fuckin hilarious!! hahah, wtf is up with thinking fat suits are funny anyways "hey, look, it's me.. BUT I'M FAT NOW! HAHAH"

yeah, i heard about e.m. with that new Dreamgirls shit, i'll have to check that out.

You know, I thought this thread was on a "Party All The Time" tip too, whatever happened to E.M.'s party jamz?!

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    wasn't their rumors that he was doing stand up again? can anyone confirm or deny this?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

"Madea's Family Reunion made $63,231,524?? Charlie, bring out the Fatsuit!"

- spidey

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    he should quit.

• You know, I thought this thread was on a "Party All The Time" tip too, whatever happened to E.M.'s party jamz?!

maybe he will drop a rick james tribute this spring!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Hasn't the whole "big fat grandma with an attitude played by a male" schtick been done already? It has become a movie cliche, right up there with "washed up coach guides a multicultural group of misfits to form a winning team"

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

I was an extra in that movie. We were warned for days not to approach him, or talk to him ( Which is kind of the extra golden rule). Then they insisted we couldn't look him in the eye. I've never been warned that before and I was an extra back then for 3 years. Thought that was weird.