We Gonna Discuss This New Dilla Joint?

jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
http://download.yousendit.com/79FAA806118323D5quite, uh, progressive.and the sample itself. whuh!?

Comments

• it's dope

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    whats this from?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    this is from the ruff draft reissue on stonesthrow. it has a couple new tracks, this being one of em.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally like this beat...

• haha love it

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    i am yet to come across a single dilla beat that i dont like, i have the ruff draft ep, the whole thing is dope!

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Thanks for the DL. The track is nice. There is footage of J-Roc droppin it live sum where on youtube.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    I'm definitely copping this new issue of Ruff Draft. I've got the original Groove Attack release, which is undoubtedly essential, but the sound quality is ass. Don't know if it stems a bad mastering job or just crappy vinyl, but I'm pretty sure ST will correct this on the new release. And if the "new" tracks are as as this one, there's no need to hesitate.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I first heard this joint about 2 weeks ago on Fat Beats Radio.
    Shit is bananas.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT, this song acutally exists.

like a week ago one of my roomates was bumping this at like 9 in the morning when i was still in bed half asleep and i was like there is no possible way that i am hearing a rap song that samples the 7 year old slade cover from that miniatures album

up until now the entire senerio was so far fetched i was fairly certain it was a dream. next motherfucking level.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Plaese to re-up.

Plaese to re-up.
    Here it is

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3mvy90

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Thanks. This is sick. Curaazy...What is the OG?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Plaese to re-up.
    Here it is

Thanks, mayne.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the original Groove Attack release, which is undoubtedly essential, but the sound quality is ass

if you listen to the intro, he says he wanted it to sound to be like an old cassette.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    i listened to this song like ten times already this morning.....thanks for the link

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Shit is bananas.

the original Groove Attack release, which is undoubtedly essential, but the sound quality is ass

if you listen to the intro, he says he wanted it to sound to be like an old cassette.
    Hence the name of the title.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Well, duh . I am aware of this, I'm just saying I think there was a factor beyond the whole "straight from the cassette" concept, and I have a feeling that the ST reissue will sound just a wee bit better. I've played the EP out a lot of times (the $, crushin)', and everytime I put it on it just sounds muffled compared to everything else. I pretty sure it was pressed @ GZ Digital Media in the Czech Republic, and their pressings are not always optimal.

I know it's not supposed to sound like Beyonce or whatever. I'm just sayin'. And hoping. Because I want to play it out with a little more ooomph to the sound. If not, I'll still be playing it regardless - these tracks are

Keep crushiiin', yeeeeafffffffffffft

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    One of my favorite Dilla releases. "Take Notice" with Guilty Simpson is dooope! That beat is too good!

Well, duh . I am aware of this, I'm just saying I think there was a factor beyond the whole "straight from the cassette" concept, and I have a feeling that the ST reissue will sound just a wee bit better. I've played the EP out a lot of times (the $, crushin)', and everytime I put it on it just sounds muffled compared to everything else. I pretty sure it was pressed @ GZ Digital Media in the Czech Republic, and their pressings are not always optimal.

I know it's not supposed to sound like Beyonce or whatever. I'm just sayin'. And hoping. Because I want to play it out with a little more ooomph to the sound. If not, I'll still be playing it regardless - these tracks are

Keep crushiiin', yeeeeafffffffffffft
    I'm with you, holmes.
    I'm certain that whoever's remastering the reissue will make it more ear-friendly.

The $ and Crushin' are the JAMS.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    ehhh... its alright at best IMO.

• awallawall 673 Posts
    the dude from bonzo dog band doing a slade coverw/his 7 year old son on drums/vocals
    link
    oddly enough i submitted this for the waxidermy "music by children" comp

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    the dude from bonzo dog band doing a slade coverw/his 7 year old son on drums/vocals

link

man, i have no idea how he managed to chop this beat from that track. dude was a genius

• RUFF DRAFT MA FFFF
    someone who can upload the whole thing?

cant wait for the wax, need to have this shit on my ipod

link