do you own a tuxedo?

2»

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    i owne one as well as a summer jacket in white. and i was going to say the same thing - who wears a tux to a funeral?

Silent

• A tux and a suit are not the same thing, and--judging from the "What is your age?" thread--pretty much all of you are at an age where it shouldn't be in question whether or not you own at least one suit.

agreed. if you are only gonna get one, make sure its a suit because you can wear a dark suit to most black tie events and not look out of place.

personally, i think tuxedos are boring and bowties are def . tuxedo pants don't have belt loops so you are forced to wear either suspenders, a vest, or a cumberbund. i opt for suspenders but never end up taking my jacket off cause i feel like Larry King, i also wear a solid colored black tie instead of a bowtie.

bowtie

Dont sleep.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    whats the point in wearing a tuxedo if you aren't going to wear the bowtie?

Exactly.

• whats the point in wearing a tuxedo if you aren't going to wear the bowtie?

Exactly.

it's fashionable...and in style right now. also, if you are buying your first tux, its gonna save you some money cause if you wear a tie, the tuxedo shirt with the studs is unnecessary. just wear a white dress shirt, even french cuffs are optional.

do you guys with bowties wear real ones or the pre-tied ones?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

a little credit, puh - lease.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Exactly.

it's fashionable...and in style right now. also, if you are buying your first tux, its gonna save you some money cause if you wear a tie, the tuxedo shirt with the studs is unnecessary. just wear a white dress shirt, even french cuffs are optional.

I've had the misfortune of attending a number of blacktie events in the past year and was shocked by the number of fatcats in $4000 tuxes who don't tie their own bowties. That is a seriously, unequivocally bad look.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    o-fuckin-kay.
    i dont own a tux i own a suit. may i just pretend i never clicked on this thread. act like i was never here.